Hello,
I am working for an aircraft company and their tugs have been having issues with longevity, and also have been having issues with their affordable fuel injection setups being high maintenance.

The setup being used is a ford 300 I6, with AFI's gm throttle body, and their biggest problem has been poor install, and sensor issues, and lack of oil checking causing engine failure. My goal is to build drop in crate engines that are broken in on a test stand, with the fuel injection system wired and installed, with all the electrical set up so all they have to do is connect fuel lines, radiator, battery, and body ground. My thought is to have AFI provide me with the base tune for these engines but with a few modifications.

1. Delete O2 sensor input and just go with a base map that utilized outside air temp, manifold pressure, engine coolant temp, and throttle body position.
2. Do I need knock sensor input, these engines spend most of their time at idle, and at mid RPM high load conditions pulling airplanes.

Is their any input that can be modified/mapped to monitor the oil pressure and shut off the fuel pump if the oil pressure is lost?

Thank you in advance for any help/criticism/information provided.

Mr. Badpliers Stripbolt