Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCC Find still down?

Fuel Injected!
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Administrator
    I still can't get BCC find to work. Is something wrong with it? Trying to find info on BDUJ
    BCCFind is broken. If the info you're looking for is not in the spreadsheet, lmk and I'll look it up.

Fuel Injected!
    Found the info I was looking for and saved copies to my phone. Going to Vegas in the AM to pull an ecm/harness and a flywheel. Still waiting on a lot of parts in the mail. I am as far along on this project as I can go until I get the other parts in. Anyone have requests for an ecm/prom/memcal while I'm there?

Fuel Injected!
    Well, I have some days off and time to play with this some more. I got a complete harness and 7747 ecm from an industrial 5.7 m/t truck, but that will be used for something else down the road. I found a 8625 ecm that, as far as I can tell, uses the same pin outs as the 7427 and BDTZ would be a perfect fit. I have not been able to find a lot of info on the 8625 ecm. I was hoping someone familiar with it could chime in.

The 16168625 is basically a older version of the 16197427. I have used one in place of a 7427 (with the 7427 memcal) and had no issues.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    That is great to hear! That is my plan for it. Found a BJYN bin and got it burned and resoldered to a V8 memcal. Fingers crossed. Still have more to do to the truck before I can even fire the engine. Gotta pull the fuel tank on my next days off to clean it out and install the new pump, and have to reinstall the harness after I clean it up a lil.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, so I have it together and ran into a problem. The 8625 ECM is not firing the injectors. I swapped the ign module with a known good one, and checked all my grounds to the ecm. I can give the injectors 12V and they have a good spray pattern. The engine will fire if i put fuel down the TBI, but the injectors will not fire from the ECM. I am curious if the 7427 and 8625 have some differences in pinouts, but I have been unable to find a pinout sheet for the 8625 ecm to compare with the 7427. Any ideas?

The 8625 and 7427 have no pinout difference. Make sure the connectors are seated well. Do you have 12v at the injectors? The PCM grounds the other pin on the injectors to fire them. Double check all of the power feeds like to the PCM, injectors etc.

Administrator
    I can give the injectors 12V and they have a good spray pattern.
    Yep... sounds like you need to ensure the IGN power source is present and working.

Fuel Injected!
    So I put my memcal with the BJYN code into the 7427 ecm, and after getting my timing sorted out, it fired right up and runs great. Only problem is that the 7427 ecm is throwing A/T codes at me. The 8625 ecm still will not fire the injectors, but it will run the engine with fuel poured into the intake. Now I'm wondering if the BIN I got was right. I will go through it in tunerpro over the next few days.

Fuel Injected!
    I checked for the 12V+ at the injectors. No problems there. The 8625 isn't providing the ground, but the 7427 does. Not sure what to make of it yet. I will play with it more on my next days off.

Do you have tunerpro and a way to connect/datalog? You could hook it up, and try to connect to it. Every bad ecm I have seen, I was unable to connect to it. If you can connect to it, look and see if you are getting any drp's when cranking. If the ecm doesn't see any drp's, its not gonna fire the injectors.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I have Tunerpro, just have to wait till I have days off to mess with it again.

Administrator
    So you applied 12 to the injectors and they worked, but you already have 12V at the injectors? I'm not sure this makes sense. If you're saying you connected an injector to power and ground then you probably shouldn't do that again. You can easily overheat the coil inside.

Swapping 8625 and 7427 is no problem. IIRC one part number leads to the next in GM parts books.

Fuel Injected!
    Applying 12V directly to injectors for bench testing and cleaning for short periods of time (60 secs or less) has never caused a problem for me. That aside, I finally got a usb ALDL cable.
    Drove the truck to and from work and town a few times (60 miles round trip), it ran alright the first few times. Now once it goes closed loop it runs poorly, quick throttle movements cause intake backfire and engine dies, revs slowly, lacks power. I am going to spend some time this week digging through the code. Got a few ZIF sockets and several spare 5.7&5.0 V8 memcals, so prom swapping will be easier until I am satisfied. Still waiting for the spare $$$ to order an emulator from Moates, should be sooner than later. I assumed I was getting knock retard from exhaust leaks. Leaks are fixed now with some good gaskets and I am still getting knock retard. Not sure if the headers would cause that or not, or the fact I am still running the 1991(engine year) knock sensor from a 7747 setup. Guess I should look at the P/N as I do have a 43 code set. To-do list grows again. After cleaning this truck up and getting to drive it, I can't believe I considered sending it to the scrap yard after pulling the 4.3L. Grabbed a spare 7427 and harness for my next project. I have come to appreciate the 7427 and its capabilities after working with this one, world of difference from the slow 7747 ECM I was used to. I can't thank everyone here enough for all the useful info and input, thank you all.