Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!

Thread: 95 GMC 454 7427 PMC with $31 mask

Fuel Injected!

95 GMC 454 7427 PMC with $31 mask

Hi

I am getting back into a tune after a medical issue and I am hoping you may be able to assist me.

I have a 95 GMC sierra with a big block 454 30/1000's over, edelbrock MPFI with 36 lb injectors (edel 3636). the heads are edelbrock performers and the bottom end now has flat top pistons yielding a 9.2:1 compression ratio. The cam is a comp cams roller cam (Mild 264 grind) with roller rockers up top. I have a Thorley tri-wye header system with a single Gibson exhaust (3 inch) and a K&N FIPK intake system. The computer (PCM) is a 16197427 with the BMHM code and the TBI to MPFI chip (1389.BIN) from edelbrock is a $31 mask

I am using tunerPro RT with a moate s autoprom APU1 burner/logger/emulator and an Innovate wideband O2 sensor with analog outputs for datalogging as well as a meter for visual use. I will be welding in a bung for the wideband O2 sensor this weekend.

I have modified the memcal resistor pack with the jumper as advised and the PCM driver resistors have been removed and replaced with 18 Ga. buss wire jumpers.

The mask is a $31 and I can find lots of software change requirements info on the forums for TBI to MPFI conversion tunes on the $0D/$E6/$OE mask for TBI to MPFI conversions but not much on the $31 mask and 7427 PCM software change requirements for the TBI to MPFI Conversions.

I have attached the current bin file which originally was the edelbrock supplied Bin file (1389.BIN) and the MPFI modified BIN (chip7_MPFI_2_19_15X2.bin) with software flags and scalers changed as best as I could figure them out from the $0D Bin file changes required from info available on the forums from people who have successfully made the TBI to MPFI mods on their $0D masks, but they are not directly translatable to the $31 mask

I have attached the original edelbrock Bin (1389.bin), the current (chip7_MPFI_2_19_15X2.bin) modified as best I could) Bin with course tuning done, the XDF file (31_TPV5_v250.xdf) and the ADX (A220_0E_31_Trans2_v250.adx) file required by tunerPro to examine the current Bin file

I would appreciate a check of the the software changes made on the $31 mask Bin file (chip7_MPFI_2_19_15X2.bin) and let me know if I have the changes straight I would be eternally grateful for any assistance and advice to zero in closer on the tune before I send the truck off to a local dyno shop for precision tuning.

Thanks

John

Hi John,
    Your request is something I would like to help you with. My current back log of work, requires me to hold off reviewing your .bin file for several days to a week from now.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    My hero Dave, I will get the wideband bung welded in the pipe this weekend

Thanks

The chip7_MPFI_2_19_15X2.bin file did not look like a good .bin file. I modified the 1389.bin file according to the MPFI Definitions V4 spreadsheet. I captured a screen shot showing the differences between the 1389.bin vs MPFI Modified 1389.bin. See attached files.

dave w

Some screen shot pics using my tuning spreadsheet.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Dave,

I reviewed the changes in the BIN and the back-up documentation sent along...

I changed the MPFI modified 1389 BIN file Scaler "Cylinder volume" "from" 56.66 CID "To" to 57.48 CID and logged the change in the "Change" text file you sent along... BTW when I entered 57.5 the program defaulted to 57.48, so 57.48 it is... Trivial percentage (<0.5%)but...

after the cylinder volume Scaler change I changed the BIN file name to "MPFI Modified 1389_rev_1.BIN" less the quotes...

Thank you again for the rapid and well documented change process...

Will burn new chip, cross check/verify the chip, install in the header then install the header in the memcal socket, and then memcal socket in the PCM and awaaaay we go!

Will prepare for wide and narrow band closed loop TunerPro data logging event this weekend

john

Fuel Injected!
    Hello dave

Happy Easter

I have made progress this week.

Installed and calibrated innovate WB gauge and calibrated the analog output for 0 VDC equals 10:1 AFR and 5 VDC equals 20:1 AFR and wired it into the EGR ping, loaded the supplied A219 ADX file, started the truck and commenced a data log run after I figured out the com port issues and several other learning adventures. The "Dash" on tunerpro showed the gauges realtime and I think I recorded about 15 minutes of data while in park at various RPM's. It was not running bad, nor good. OK, the questions are... where did the recorded data file go, I cannot find it and now am not even sure if I recorded anything. I am looking for an ADL file and wish to do a first run correction with the xcel spreadsheet supplied, but am lost as to where the file is or if I even recorded what the gauges were showing.

so, I have searched on a step by step tuner pro datalogging instructions and what I have found was scant. from the top: how do I save and find the datalog file and once I find it I think I can wallow through it to find the BLM's I need to do the initial corrections and then make a more comprehensive data log run, maybe even under load and we can start emailing these files back and forth. What conditions do you want me to run the vehicle under for the first run and what conditions after too.

thanks dave

John

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95GMC_sierra View Post
    Hello dave

Happy Easter

I have made progress this week.

Installed and calibrated innovate WB gauge and calibrated the analog output for 0 VDC equals 10:1 AFR and 5 VDC equals 20:1 AFR and wired it into the EGR ping, loaded the supplied A219 ADX file, started the truck and commenced a data log run after I figured out the com port issues and several other learning adventures. The "Dash" on tunerpro showed the gauges realtime and I think I recorded about 15 minutes of data while in park at various RPM's. It was not running bad, nor good. OK, the questions are... where did the recorded data file go, I cannot find it and now am not even sure if I recorded anything. I am looking for an ADL file and wish to do a first run correction with the xcel spreadsheet supplied, but am lost as to where the file is or if I even recorded what the gauges were showing.

so, I have searched on a step by step tuner pro datalogging instructions and what I have found was scant. from the top: how do I save and find the datalog file and once I find it I think I can wallow through it to find the BLM's I need to do the initial corrections and then make a more comprehensive data log run, maybe even under load and we can start emailing these files back and forth. What conditions do you want me to run the vehicle under for the first run and what conditions after too.

thanks dave

John
    Did you get everything ironed out?