Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TBI owner in need of some help....

Electronic Ignition!
    To be honest, I'm done with tbichips. I'm sending this chip back and demanding a refund. If he will not accept, I'll call visa and give them the return tracking number for a charge reversal.
    is there someone else that can actually burn the chip the right way in this forum that can help me?
    Also, I will need help with these bin files your talking about. I am clueless...

On the ECM there will be a sticker that will have the model number. If you can post the model number it'll let everyone know what files you need to work with for that ECM. Any chip you get will probably need some more fine tuning once you get it unless someone else here is running the exact same setup. It's probably not going to be dead on first try.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by simadownow6988 View Post
    To be honest, I'm done with tbichips. I'm sending this chip back and demanding a refund. If he will not accept, I'll call visa and give them the return tracking number for a charge reversal.
    is there someone else that can actually burn the chip the right way in this forum that can help me?
    Also, I will need help with these bin files your talking about. I am clueless...
    Dave W should be able to help you with it. He has fixed Brian's on purpose mistakes or cheats a few times.

Electronic Ignition!
    Engine07, I will look when I get home and post the ECM number.

Fast355, I have contacted Dave. Hopefully he can help me get out of this situation Im in....

Thanks again guys for all your help so far!!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok guys, here is a log from my Blazer this morning... Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by simadownow6988 View Post
    Ok guys, here is a log from my Blazer this morning... Let me know what you think.
    Some of the information (like BPW, Spark Advance, Injector Duty Cycle) in the .adx will be erroneous, without a custom chip that has the "Hacks" / "Patches" applied.

From what I could see, the data log was mostly with the vehicle at idle. The closed loop data showed a BLM average of 123, slightly rich, which is considered acceptable.

The IAC steps were slightly out of range at 45 steps. An IAC step of 10 ~ 20 would be considered the good range. Maybe the engine was not fully warmed up enough yet for the IAC to be in the good range.

The MAP looked good with a steady 24 Kpa.

I would suggest updating the chip with the "Hacks" / "Patches" to get the most information form the data log.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you for responding and reviewing my log. You mentioned something about the hacks. Is this something I have to take the chip out and have it reprogrammed for? Why is the injector cycle over 200%?
    Will the truck run ok and safely the way it is?
    Do I need to drive the truck to get a better log? The IAC reading was after the engine was running at temp for about 20 minutes.