Thread: My twin supercharged tbi 350 miata build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

My twin supercharged tbi 350 miata build

let me catch everyone up on this.

over the past 2 years, i had been swapping a chevy 350 into a mazda miata [funds held me back, but eventually i got it done]..... caught fire in the process but it didn't stop me. i blew the engine up at the racetrack, rebuilt it, and now were are back in action with a different chassis.

SO, after slight research and talking with Dave W; i am going to be building a twin eaton m90 [thunderbird supercoupe superchargers] tbi chevy 350. The plans are to port them and if calculated correctly; should run about 18PSI. i will be running a single 2in-1out intercooler, a methonal/water injection system when the car hits boost, and e85 to TRY to prevent detonation on a 10:1 engine. chevy 350's are a dime a dozen at my pic-a-part....... so, if it blows, just gonna keep trying until we get it straightened out.

ill be running a 454 throttle body with 454 injectors, i am also running a twin belt setup..... v-belt for crank, waterpump, and power steering; then a 5-rib belt found on early vans for the alternator, waterpump, crank, and both superchargers...... i have 2 timing belt idlers from my miata that i am using for the non-ribbed side as idlers to get the belt to go where i want, then im using a tensioner somehow to obviously put tension on the belt. the superchargers have 8 rib pulleys, but the 5 rib belt fits right over them no probelm.

the engine itself is a GMPP crate 350/285-300hp...... i slapped vortec heads on during the rebuild and the shortblock is the exact same as the GMPP crate 350/330hp, so theoretically it should be the GMPP crate 350/330hp now. It's an 880 block with 4 bolt main and 1 piece RMS. The car already blows off the tires through 4th gear, but still, power is power :D time to grab some slicks lol.

The trans is a bone stock WC t5 from a v6-fbody. it's held up so far, no issues...... stock 10.5in clutch.

rear end is a stock miata 4.10 [7inch ring gear]...... it will be upgraded to a 2.8 thunderbird IRS rear with factory five racing axles, however, im going to have to relocate my lower shock mount for the axles to fit.

custom driveshaft.
    custom TBI wiring.... re-worked my harness on here awhile back
    PCM - 16196395 - pretty sure dave and i talked about this computer being capable of boost...... can someone please clarify?

there is a LONG road ahead, but it will all be worth it. I am shooting for 450whp.

this is my car after 2 years

but i needed to get something safer, so i am building a different chassis with a roll cage; just in case.

in the meantime. enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvIvqdXKoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDSE2km69F8

I started building and eventually finished the trans tunnel...... don't hate on the flux core welder haha. It does the job, just ALOT of cleanup.

I also tac welded plates in the driver compartment on the firewall to patch the wholes that I won't be using.

far from perfect, but far from bad too. think im done with the underside..... i know there's imperfections but its good enough for now.... i can always give it some love later on.

Last edited by Shawn1989; 02-23-2015 at 07:14 AM.