Thread: 16197427 Park Neutral Switch on a Manual Trans bin?

16197427 Park Neutral Switch on a Manual Trans bin?

The reason I say this, is because you don't need to set-up a switching system to tell the PCM that you're in nuetral or park. (To use the '7427 PCM style correctly, you would need to use two relays to switch certain inputs to ground for proper "gear select" operation). I had some park and nuetral/low RPM issues when I was using the '7427 PCM with a non E-trans, and it seems that it would be because the PCM had no idea if the vehicle was in gear or not.
    Wonder if I am going to have that issue with my sons 427 system in a manual truck and a manual $OE bin?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I didn't have the bin set for manual, I had it set for non-e auto. Setting for manual should be ok. I was also using $0D.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I'm using the "Manual Trans" bit set to one (checked) in $0D with a TH400 (with no P/N switch) - seems to work well.
    ~ Scot

The way that quote is worded, it sounds like they were using a non electronic auto trans.

On my manual trans jeep, I am using a manual trans $0E bin (BMHK) and have had no problems with idle and have nothing of the sorts hooked up for any type of P/N switch.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.