Thread: Old School EFi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old School EFi

Old School EFi is located in Vancouver Washington.

I custom program performance TBI / TPI chips for Chevy V6 & V8 engines 4.3, 5.0, 5.7, 7.4, 305, 350, 383, 400, & 454 1987 - 1995. I use my laptop computer to read data information from your vehicles computer while being driven, and custom program a performance chip to your vehicle. I also custom program TBI performance chips for Jeep and International TBI conversions.

My chips come with a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee!

I work by appointment only.

What does a performance chip include? The process includes tuning the vehicle under real world driving conditions. This allows me to adjust the computer's chip programming from normal driving to wide open throttle. In order to optimize the computer's chip programming, the vehicle must be put through driving conditions, something a mail order chip or dynometer can not duplicate!

You can expect: • Increased horsepower • Increased torque • Better throttle response • Increased gas mileage • Overall better drivability

Thanks for taking a look.

do you do mail order chips?

Quote Originally Posted by one92rs View Post
    do you do mail order chips?
    Yes, I can do a mail order chips. Please send me a Private Message for more details.

Thanks,
    dave w

Attached below are screen shots that show tuning using the computers BLM's and tuning with Wide Band O2 Sensor (WBO2) information.

I recommend tuning with WBO2 for performance engines.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Are you still active and doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddykyle View Post
    Are you still active and doing this?
    Yes, If you are able to data log with TunerPro RT. Send me an IM for additional information.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Old School EFi is located in Vancouver Washington.

I custom program performance TBI / TPI chips for Chevy V6 & V8 engines 4.3, 5.0, 5.7, 7.4, 305, 350, 383, 400, & 454 1987 - 1995. I use my laptop computer to read data information from your vehicles computer while being driven, and custom program a performance chip to your vehicle. I also custom program TBI performance chips for Jeep and International TBI conversions.

My chips come with a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee!

I work by appointment only.

What does a performance chip include? The process includes tuning the vehicle under real world driving conditions. This allows me to adjust the computer's chip programming from normal driving to wide open throttle. In order to optimize the computer's chip programming, the vehicle must be put through driving conditions, something a mail order chip or dynometer can not duplicate!

You can expect: • Increased horsepower • Increased torque • Better throttle response • Increased gas mileage • Overall better drivability

Thanks for taking a look.

Hey Dave, how aggressive of an engine will a tbi system handle? I assume there is a limit to how big of cam one can use?

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    Hey Dave, how aggressive of an engine will a tbi system handle? I assume there is a limit to how big of cam one can use?
    I think for a performance engine, 8 injectors for a V8 engine is better than 2 injectors for a V8 engine. Very few of the TBI systems I've tuned has been to the Dyno, but the best Dyno results to date was 335 RWHP. The The Vortec SBC was built with a roller Comp Cams computer friendly cam with .480 / .480 lift, aftermarket Vortec 4 barrel intake using a TBI adapter plate, and 670 CFM throttle body with 80 lb. injectors. The original 1227747 computer was upgraded to the 2nd generation TBI computer 16197427. The 16197427 provides fuel and spark tables to 6000 RPM's. Overall drivability is good.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    I have run a 232/240 @ 0.050 roller on a 108 LSA in an 10.5:1 383 with Vortec heads. 7427 PCM running a TPI with siamese ported SLP runners. Very little difference in tuning that PCM with TBI or MPI.

Using the correct valve spring$ on Vortec Heads when using high lift cam$haft$ is an important topic: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/vort...pring-upgrade/

dave w