AI 215 triflow heads milled 58cc
242-248/580-585 110LSA
JE -5cc flattop pistons
11.0-11.5 static comp
stock intake
58mm t/b
long Tubes
Borla Exhaust

I just got this build running and im having the toughest time getting this motor to idle correctly. I understand its big cam for the cubes but the compression and heads will make it scream...hopefully. Im using TunerCat/Datamaster 3.4.1. My commanded idle cold is 1200 and hot at 1000rpm. Timing is at 28 degrees. I am having trouble getting the IAC to help the idle. Right now its pegged at 160 and will not move. The only way to start the car right now is to give it a little gas and it will fire up but will not hold an idle. So...what I got from this was to open the blades and unplug the iac. I figured i would get the car running without the iac and when I have the idle set where I want, then plug the iac in.

So I get the car started which fired up right away with the blades opened up and it idled at about 1500. I closed the blades up until I reached about 1100-1000 rpms. tunred off the car, plug back in the iac and verified the iac was now at 0. Started the car back up and then it wanted to idle at like 400-500 rpms.While it was trying to idle the counts were increasing all the way back to 160 where it eventually died.

It really doesnt matter if its open loop or closed loop, it does the same thing. Now Every now and then it will act like it has sense, and will idle but the iac is not helping at all. One last thing...if it is actually maintaining a decent idle, if the fans come on it will immdietly drop down to 400-500 rpms until they shut off.

So if you've read all that and still willing to help I would appreciate it. I have datamaster logs and very familiar with Tunercat.

TIA

Shawn