Thread: Making Monitors in TunerPro V5 RT

Making Monitors in TunerPro V5 RT

Here's a quick how to make a monitor in TunerPro V5 RT

First open your adx file or import your ads file, if you import a ads file TP will immediately ask you to save it as an adx file and it will stay open in TP. Every ads file I have found already has an imported monitor in it but it is blank.

First click on the monitor button.

Then the monitor will open.

If it does not have one then click on Acquisition, Edit Definition, Monitor then down below Add New Item. Give it a name and a unique ID. Every item in an ADX file has to have a different (Unique) name. Most are numbers, but they can be letters or names, numbers do not have to be in order and you can be missing numbers. Key here is Unique to that item, no 2 anything can have the same name and if you choose say 11 and there is already 11 TP will tell you. So it's no big deal...
    You can set up the Monitor here too but easier to start setting up monitor in next step.

Then right click on the monitor and a list of items from the values will appear. Click on each one you want to watch while connected to vehicle or while playing back recorded data. Simple as that!

Here's what the monitors look like playing back data. This is from the $42-1227747-V3adx I built and is in the 1227747 information thread.

Happy tuning!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have clicked on that icon a few times when datalogging, but have never found a way to make any use of the data that is displayed?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

It's a tool, kinda like an adjustable wrench. You need to set it up right to work.

I found that all I need it 2 monitors with 4-5 items in each. One is looking at Vital signs like battery voltage, MPH, INT and for certain things Temp Loop Status. In this picture I am watching my idle data so I added IAC counts and TPS voltage in top monitor. Bottom monitor is tuning data, red line at bottom is knock counts and should always stay down there and steady at idle or watched when doing WOT for knock. But I can see TPS is a little high at .69 volts, IAC is fine at idle at 29, zig zag lines are O2 voltage which doesn't help much but I know I am in closed loop so idle is good and steady.

Now in this picture I should have goten rid of IAC counts, TPS voltage... because I didn't need them. What I was looking for, and used the timer scale on bottom of monitor was for when I was accelerating to highway speed and looking for Hiway Lean Cruise to kick in. You can see the zig zag line on top (Temp Loop Status) and zig zag line bottom O2 voltage so I know I am still in closed loop. Most of the time O2 readings are useless... but here I can see all of a sudden they dropped flat! That's when the ECM went into Hiway Lean Cruise which is Open Loop.

To add a new Monitor click Acquisition, edit Definition click on Monitor then down below Add new Item.

To make changes to your monitor click Acquisition, edit Definition, then open monitors and click on the one you want to set up. I like line width 2 for most, line width 1 and dotted lines for non important etc... but like I said it's an adjustable tool, mine never stays the same, I need one way to watch idle data, one way for Accelerating (WOT) runs and another for cruise. But a lot of the items stay the same... most changes I make are when doing idle or turn a few things off for driving.

You know these monitors, dashboards are for watching data recorded more then when driving? Actually you should be driving and NOT watching data!!! So it's really a safety device!

History tables for BLM are added to record BLM so you can make adjustments to VE tables. It's like the old WinALDL program but that had a BLM history table for each ECM. History table for BLM has to be different for each bin or mask to match your MAP kpa and RPM axis, you basically build the BLM history table exactly like your VE table. But that's another subject...
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I use the history tables all the time, I used them to tune my fuel tables and will do a log every now and then to make sure they are still ok.
    I might play around with those monitors one day when I get bored.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Electronic Ignition!

Sketch.jpgI have a 1986 Iroc with the 1227165 ecm. I have tried several times but cannot build a monitor that works. When I load the RPMs or coolant temp all I get is flat lines with no increments.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the guide Eaglemark! Is it possible to change the range on the scale? My speed scale goes to 175mph or so...I don't anticipate ever getting my full size van over 90 in regular use....
    Last edited by tony-baroni; 12-24-2017 at 10:09 PM.