My list of plans for getting my truck back to new are still progressing, lol. I am getting about ready to start the new engine in the next few months. Gathering parts already. I am unsure of the exact horsepower of a build this style but am looking for input on what any of the experienced tuners here think or would do differently. And also what all I will need to do to the fuel system to upgrade to run the new engine. As this truck is a daily driver I will also not be opposed to pay someone to help with the tuning. I know I'm not experienced enough to tackle the tuning alone and get it close to start lol. Engine is a 350 vortec block I have that needs bored. I am going to be .030 over and was scared if the tbi could support it bumped to 383 so if it can let me know your thoughts please as this needs to be reliable not wanting to go to carb. I'm thinking 355ci. The heads looked at are promaxx 185cc intake vortec style. Never used promaxx before so let me know what you think if you have please. Chevy magazine had them rated at 430ft lbs 408 hp on a 350 build with a cam slightly larger than I'm looking at. Cam choice is lunati hydraulic roller. Specs are Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 279/287Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 213/219
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .447/.471
LSA/ICL: 112/108
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range:1500-5500
Looking at 1.6 rockers to get lift to .477 intake/.502 exhaust. I contacted promaxx and was told that their heads had viton seals, 2.02 intake/1.6 exhaust and could take .575 lift and springs almost exact match to lunati recommendation. And edelbrock performer rpm intake with tbi adapter. Also looking at approx 9.5 compression with forged pistons. Any suggestions on changes you would make? If promaxx heads are any good? Hp thoughts? Where to start tuning? Fuel system changes? Bored tb or 454 tb or holley 670, etc? I have very limited experience with tbi as all of my previous builds have been carb. Thanks in advance. Also am running 95 k1500 with 4l60e, 3.42 gears. Also going to 4.10 gears soon. 7427 ECM currently using $0D.