Thread: Help with what to do next. Cant find my Bin file on the site. Just pulled it direct

Electronic Ignition!

Help with what to do next. Cant find my Bin file on the site. Just pulled it direct

Help. Confused on what to do next. Need some advice/help.

OK. I have a 1995 3/4 ton Chev truck with a 305 (5.0L) and 4L60E TBI.
    from the vin search, it was a government purchase truck so could explain the odd engine size.
    The ECU is a 16197427 with BJXK Firmware. I couldn't find it anywhere so I purchased both a Memcal adapter and the adapter to plug the memcal into my Burn2

I am unsure of what chip the Stock one is. but reading it, only 2 would read. so I made a copy of each but the filesizes match and I assume they are the same. I will be attaching.

Now that I have this file, where do I go with Tunerpro? I can't get it to read my OBD1 Cable but Datamaster works 100% without any issues.

I assumed I needed the Bin and a defination file in order for Turner pro to work. Being I couldn't find any info on this Firmware for my ECU, I don't see any pointers to where to go next with it.

Please let me know where I am to go next to get somethings going so I can make heads or tales of all of this :)

Thanks for the help!

Brad

Electronic Ignition!
    well. from more reading.. I still think i have not read the chip correctly. What chip is in the stock ecu? its 28pin on a Gen1 Memcal.

Someone provide idiot instructions for a tech guy so I can get this read. Share it on here as I can't find it listed anywhere.. and hopefully figure out how to mod it :) I have a Burn2, Red Devil River Memcal to burn2 adapter and I got it in the same orientation.. Notch matching the Notch toward handle words on burn2.

Appreciate the help!

Thanks!!

Brad

What type of obd cable are you using? If you are using the aldu1 then you need to go to moates.net, click browse products, driver download, then follow the instructions to download the driver. After it's installed on your computer you will need to download an .adx file. Open the adx in tunerpro, then try to configure your cable in tunerpro and see if it says found and functional.

Electronic Ignition!
    I have this ALDL OBD1 Cable. http://www.reddevilriver.com/aldl.html
    It works perfect with Datamaster. I cannot find my BIN on the site so I have no idea what Adx file I need. I'm still trying to figure out how to properly read my Bin from my Memcal. I know I connected it properly to the reader, just I dont know what kind of chip the stock chip is and can't tell if the Bin file that I have been able to read is acurate.

I would end up with a truck that no one else has :)

Thanks for any input.

Electronic Ignition!
    I have been to that thread. My trucks Bin is not on there and I am not sure what ADX file would apply to my truck. or is there a generic one. Also I do not know what Mask my bin is.. would have been boatloads easier if I had a 5.7l.

Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    being that all the bins in there are saved as 64Kb set chip reader to 27C512 and read it out its the general size for early bins with 4L60e trans control built in

Electronic Ignition!
    Yep.. so that explains a lot.. I ended up running FTclean and rebooted several times and let the burn2 reinstall and this time i got success! 64k file.

so. Now that things are starting to work. I'm still a bit lost since no one has this Bin, what ADX and XDF would I need to go with my Bin?

Thanks! Attached for the next guy.. hopefully can be added to the thread on the 16197427 ECU

Fuel Injected!
    use Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf out of that thread its the biggest xdf so must be the most complete.same with the adx for logging use the biggest one.the best thing about usa xdf authors theres notes at the top of the xdf have a read of any notes before starting

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank You!! I now have a good starting point. Appreciate your help! Just wish there were more people with 5L trucks so I could compare other peoples tunes but thats part of the fun I guess :) glad I got the chip adapter with the Ziff socket :) I can tell i'll have that guy in and out a few times.

Fuel Injected!
    i bought a car just to start tuning years ago it had 100 chip burns in it in the end went bloody good after 100 itinerations LOL

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileMedic View Post
    Thank You!! I now have a good starting point. Appreciate your help! Just wish there were more people with 5L trucks so I could compare other peoples tunes but thats part of the fun I guess :) glad I got the chip adapter with the Ziff socket :) I can tell i'll have that guy in and out a few times.
    They are really not all that different from the 350 tunes.

Fuel Injected!
    First thing check base timing with timing light then get some logging done to check sensor condition and see how far out fuel trims are