Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wideband question

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Six, that one you posted is about what I am looking for. A controller, and nothing else, no other features I dont want/need. Price seems decent. But is it just a bare board with no box or anything to put it in?
    AFAIK, yes it's just a bare board, or rather boards. There is the SLC_OEM, and then the power supply board, used in the "Eval kit," so some soldering is required going that route. It is really meant to be integrated into other products, which is what most people are using them for. It can be used as a stand alone though. A small experimenters box can be bought through any electronics supply house, either online or at a brick and mortar store.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Although it's pretty small for an ECM I have a couple extras I was experimenting on... only thing left is the case... if you guys need one pay shipping...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Although it's pretty small for an ECM I have a couple extras I was experimenting on... only thing left is the case... if you guys need one pay shipping...
    What were you experimenting on, that you have a couple cases left?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I used the word experimenting to avoid the word practice and scewed up ... I had some oddball ecm that was the first I ever soldered a socket in because I had not soldered on a circut board since high school... then I had my first 7747 I solered a socket into I messed up... then tryied to pull the plug to make a jumper to 97427... so all I have left are cases. I sold my JimStim one I made from a case. Was going to use one for wideband but went another way... was going to use one for a 7747 to 9747 jumper like in the other thread... but they are all projects that now I see done are not going to do. If you need one let me know?

-= =-

I like the price of the eval kit, but also like that guage kit. Trying to justify myself the extra $75 for a bling bling guage. But with the guage I dont have to be datalogging to watch the afr. Another neat feature about the guage, is I could be emulating and have things like AE and PE settings pulled up, and not have to have the data dash pulled up and in the way so I could see afr.

$200.........
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Hopefully in a month or two, there will be another data monitor on the market that supports the 16197427 ECM. You'd have your choice of displays (small/large) and choices of colors (red, amber, blue, etc.) as well as a choice of four different items to monitor.

;-)
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

Quote Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
    Hopefully in a month or two, there will be another data monitor on the market that supports the 16197427 ECM. You'd have your choice of displays (small/large) and choices of colors (red, amber, blue, etc.) as well as a choice of four different items to monitor.

;-)
    That's just a tease... what/where is it?

-= =-

Hopefully it's not based on the TV II, because I'm getting no after sale support for over a year now.
    Shame, it could have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I like the price of the eval kit, but also like that guage kit. Trying to justify myself the extra $75 for a bling bling guage. But with the guage I dont have to be datalogging to watch the afr. Another neat feature about the guage, is I could be emulating and have things like AE and PE settings pulled up, and not have to have the data dash pulled up and in the way so I could see afr.

$200.........
    This is the key to that MTX-L wideband you linked to:
    Built-in Direct Digital™ Wideband Controller reduces wiring and simplifies
    installation (No LC-1 required)
    and
    and 2 fully programmable linear analog outputs for use with aftermarket engine
    managements systems and dataloggers!
    That makes it WAY better than an LC-1 !

-= =-

This is the key to that MTX-L wideband you linked to:

and

That makes it WAY better than an LC-1 !
    You're going to make it difficult for me to sell my LC-1...

Your an Admin! You can delete my post!

The LC-1 is excellent, just to much wiring and they don't send it with enough. Then when you buy a gauge from them you figure it would plug into one of the sockets, but noooo those are for chaining all the other things together.

I think they may have got it right with that new MTX-L... have to see if the wideband O2 sensor or wiring from gauge will reach? If not it's my same complaint, you have to make the middle?

I have an extra WideBand O2 sensor, I'm going to see if I can buy the gauge...

-= =-

Looks like they did fix the middle of wiring missing... but they added it to the O2 sensor end. If it were added to the gauge end I could have used the gauge...
    Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor, 8 Ft. Sensor Cable (Overall length 10 ft.),
    or
    Bosch O2 Sensor, 3ft. Sensor Cable (Overall length 4.5ft.),
    My sensors measure 30 inches...

-= =-

Your an Admin! You can delete my post!
    That wouldn't be very gentlemanly of me, now would it?

The LC-1 is excellent, just to much wiring and they don't send it with enough. Then when you buy a gauge from them you figure it would plug into one of the sockets, but noooo those are for chaining all the other things together.
    It's been reliable for me, but I've always hated how I have to have the controller part in the engine bay. Right now it's tie-wrapped to the main engine harness between the head and the fire wall. It's difficult to hide and keep it serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It's been reliable for me, but I've always hated how I have to have the controller part in the engine bay. Right now it's tie-wrapped to the main engine harness between the head and the fire wall. It's difficult to hide and keep it serviceable.
    Yeah but they are designed for that do last forever there but I have the same concern. But never a problem.

So the new MTX-L keeps the controller in a more freindly location! Inside the car! But will it be as reliable and last as long compact to about half the space?

I have the LC-1 and it's set with O-Meter to be portable, I can run it alone or with the AutoProm so I am set.

If I were to buy one for permenent install... Pretty sure I'd get that new MTX-L from Innovate. They do have an excellent repution for products that daisychain together, but so does that 14point7to1 stuff you have.

-= =-

That's just a tease... what/where is it?
    Sorry. I couldn't resist. The seller didn't say to say or not say anything, so I probably shouldn't discuss details. (Too late for that, eh?)

The seller said that they would email me when the software update is available to make it work. Probably won't happen until January 2012 at the earliest, I guess.
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs