Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 90 of 90

Thread: Tuning '94 chev Suburban Big Block

  1. #76
    Fuel Injected! sturgillbd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Big Stone Gap, VA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    396
    Rolly,
    The bin Dave posted is a $31 Mask. You need to load the $31 XDF. Different mask will show different values because the parameters are in different locations within the bin file.
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 11-22-2015 at 04:41 PM.

  2. #77
    Super Moderator dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,358
    I've attached the $31 .xdf and $31 .adx files you need for TunerPro RT.

    dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #78
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lakes Region, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,793
    Rolly,
    The bin Dave posted is a $31 Mask. You need to load the $31 XDF. Different mask will show different values because the parameters are in different locations within the bin file.
    Yes! Maybe this helps explain some things.

    Rolly, the different chip ID's you see, $31, $0E, and $0D, are identifiers for where the specific variables are arranged within the calibration. When you load an XDF, Tunerpro is instructed to treat each variable in each defined location a certain way. There will be a variable (or table) name and a conversion factor so the binary value represents a number we understand. If a .bin with the wrong mask ID is loaded then Tunerpro does not do any sanity checking. It will treat the variables as it has been instructed, giving each the predefined name and displaying the value according to the conversion formula. It could treat temperature as timing, throttle values as O2 parameters, or fuel injector size as rpm. For many this issue never comes up but unfortunately the 7427 and sister pcm's share three commonly used mask files.

  4. #79
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Yes! Maybe this helps explain some things.

    Rolly, the different chip ID's you see, $31, $0E, and $0D, are identifiers for where the specific variables are arranged within the calibration. When you load an XDF, Tunerpro is instructed to treat each variable in each defined location a certain way. There will be a variable (or table) name and a conversion factor so the binary value represents a number we understand. If a .bin with the wrong mask ID is loaded then Tunerpro does not do any sanity checking. It will treat the variables as it has been instructed, giving each the predefined name and displaying the value according to the conversion formula. It could treat temperature as timing, throttle values as O2 parameters, or fuel injector size as rpm. For many this issue never comes up but unfortunately the 7427 and sister pcm's share three commonly used mask files.
    Man, cannot thank you enough for your education on chip ID's and XDF files. Did not give this aspect any thought. Now it is burned in my memory. Must keep in mind that XDF files decode the binary values. Is the mask ID available in the .bin even if the .bin and XDF files are not properly associated? Any other tips like this that can be passed on would be greatly appreciated.

    Rolly

  5. #80
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for the reply.

    Rolly

  6. #81
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Again, you guys are AWESOME! Thank VERY much for the attached files. Exactly what was needed

    Rolly

  7. #82
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    Rolly,
    The bin Dave posted is a $31 Mask. You need to load the $31 XDF. Different mask will show different values because the parameters are in different locations within the bin file.
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    You guys as AWESOME. Thanks for the reply.

    Rolly

  8. #83
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I've attached the $31 .xdf and $31 .adx files you need for TunerPro RT.

    dave w
    Again, you guys are AWESOME. Thank ever so much for the attached files. Lesson learned.

    Rolly

  9. #84
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I've attached the $31 .xdf and $31 .adx files you need for TunerPro RT.

    dave w
    Dave: Now I have confidence with the binary file and attached XDF and ADX files. Many thanks to you and the other fellows that chimed in. Attached is a graphic of the Injector Fuel Flow Scalars. The values look VERY reasonable. Thanks again.

    Rolly

  10. #85
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lakes Region, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,793
    Is the mask ID available in the .bin even if the .bin and XDF files are not properly associated?
    Yes, mostly. You can view it in the $31 XDF that Dave W uploaded and in the other XDF's with the filename beginning Advanced..." With the .bin loaded look at Scalars -> Mask ID. There are some exceptions but if you stick to known files and confirm the correct mask each time, you should have no problems.

  11. #86
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Hey Guys, need help in modifying XDF file for $31. Would like to expand columns from 11 to 16. See attached image file. Also made a test drive to record BLMs. See attached .xls file. Rick in some spots, lean in others. I can modify the VE fuel map to make these spots closer to 128. Any help with XDF file would be greatly appreciated.

    Rolly

  12. #87
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lakes Region, NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,793
    Hmmm....

    You can tell the XDF that there are 16 columns and that will make TunerPro display 16 columns. But just like using the wrong definition, if there are only 11 columns in the .bin then changing the definition will only display other values incorrectly. It is possible to change the code in the chip so there are more values but it usually isn't a trivial task.

  13. #88
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hmmm....

    You can tell the XDF that there are 16 columns and that will make TunerPro display 16 columns. But just like using the wrong definition, if there are only 11 columns in the .bin then changing the definition will only display other values incorrectly. It is possible to change the code in the chip so there are more values but it usually isn't a trivial task.
    Thanks much for the reply. Don't want to mess with the chip except when using TunerPro.

    Rolly

  14. #89
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I've attached the $31 .xdf and $31 .adx files you need for TunerPro RT.

    dave w
    Dave: Thanks again. The 1994 Suburban with big block 489 cuin Edelbrock MPFI conversion is running very well. It needs a little tweaking for some of the rich and lean conditions yet they are not that bad. Thanks to all of you fellows for all your help.

    Rolly

  15. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    any updates on this one? have you managed to finish the tuning?

Similar Threads

  1. Hello, 93 TBI 454 K2500 Suburban DD/Tow Rig
    By slobrorunner in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM
  2. '71 Chev pick up 4L60E swap.
    By Six_Shooter in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 07:28 PM
  3. First time start up, too much fuel. 350 chev 7747,
    By live2wheel in forum GM EFI Systems
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
  4. 1227747 IAC wiring to IAC for Big Block and Small Block
    By EagleMark in forum Fuel Injection Writeups Articles and How to New and Old
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •