Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fuel curves for 7747 running stock vortec shortblock

The OBD II 2001 ~ 2002 '0411 PCM Express Van timing is referenced off the MAF sensor. I don't think it's really going to be apples to apples if trying to get an OBD II Vortec timing table to work with the '7747. The timing table I posted was tuned with a knock sensor, so it's going to be very close for another Factory Stock L31 using TBI. Just a caution, don't use the timing table I posted without a knock sensor!

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    holy effin cow. do you guys do meets? this is the best conversation I've ever had right off the bat on a forum! Glad to be here guys, glad to be here...

Electronic Ignition!
    but im sure that once the fueling is closer we'll just adjust the timing hes running now to get it in a sweet spot, it has to run decent not make boat loads of power or push economy to the limit... need sensors for that fun

Administrator
    The OBD II 2001 ~ 2002 '0411 PCM Express Van timing is referenced off the MAF sensor. I don't think it's really going to be apples to apples if trying to get an OBD II Vortec timing table to work with the '7747.
    Not all vans use the 0411. We have somewhere around 25 - 30 of the Express / Savannah vans from 97 to 2002 in our fleet and many use the 8546 which uses MAP based spark tables. Vortec heads were used in off road applications as early as 93 and the controllers used with those engines are also MAP based. Plenty of sources for timing and fuel tables. The two cals I posted are for a Vortec head equipped engine.

I couldn't find that bin... man that's an oddball... $63 is not supported on TunerPro or TunerCat and probably never would be as it's listed as a 16197427=96-97 export truck vortec head tbi\63\Brdw.bin So that should be OBDII but it's only export and has OBDI PCM... and most exports I have seen do not use closed loop.
    96 was a changeover year for vans. Below 8600 GVW vans were Savanna / Express models. Above 8600 was old G van. We still have 5 of these remaining in our fleet. I have a couple of cals here which are $63 mask. One was taken from one of our fleet vans. Shortly before being permanently removed from service I determined the EGR was faulty so I modified the cal to prevent EGR operation. The other cal is something I had saved and I'll upload it here along with some reference notes. Looks like the $0D cal definition works up until you try getting into the trans tables then things look a bit odd.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Man your just full of oddball info!

We have somewhere around 25 - 30 of the Express / Savannah vans from 97 to 2002 in our fleet and many use the 8546 which uses MAP based spark tables. Vortec heads were used in off road applications as early as 93 and the controllers used with those engines are also MAP based. Plenty of sources for timing and fuel tables. The two cals I posted are for a Vortec head equipped engine.
    What is the full PCM number for 8546? I always collect what I find... do you know mask? That's those Bruce bins correct?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    lol ill have him make sure what plugs are in it too

Administrator
    Man your just full of oddball info!
    <BR>

That's not quite the way my wife puts it.

The bruce bins are from a 7747 I spent as much time as I could trying to make that truck do everything the customer wanted but ended up switching to pfi with a 7730. The 8546 is an OBDII pcm with flash calibration used in Vortec truck applications. I don't even know if the OBDII calibrations are classified by mask ID but I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Not that important then, I will put them in the catchall folder...

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    where in north idaho are you dude i love that place!

Coeur d'Alene. It's a great place to live and raise a kid but I am fed up with winters and ready to move back to AZ... at least for winters, been here 16 years...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Coeur d'Alene. It's a great place to live and raise a kid but I am fed up with winters and ready to move back to AZ... at least for winters, been here 16 years...
    ...panzy......LOL, JK. The last few years really have not been that bad.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

No. mild actually... where you been? Must have actaully had work at work?

Winter cold is just getting at me more with age, does not help the arthritis and bone spurs or three back surgeries... I want to be a snowbird but can't afford it... man has this thread gone off track...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Everyone tunes differently. I tune the '7747 with VE1 and VE2 added, then VE2 zero. I live on the West Coast, so by law, all grades of pump fuel is required to have 10% ethanol. My fuel and spark tables are adjusted according the pump fuel available.

The attached '7747 .bin has many modifications, including PE and AE. It's from an actual running / driving 350 Vortec in a Jeep YJ. I'm sure the fuel and timing are not going to be exact for a heavier Full Size GM Pickup / Suburban, but would very likely be close.

I 100% agree with Six_Shooter about checking the spark plugs in the Vortec engine. I helped a F-Body owner who did a Vortec 350 swap, and installed the wrong spark plugs because he told the parts counter person the Make / Model / Year of the F-Body he wanted spark plugs for.

dave w
    Dave w,

Is there any possibility you could post or email me the the cam specs you used on this engine with this bin?

Quote Originally Posted by mmigacz View Post
    Dave w,

Is there any possibility you could post or email me the the cam specs you used on this engine with this bin?
    See Pic below.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    See Pic below.

dave w
    Thanks

I was comparing it to a stock ACSC bin and was curious if all the differences (mostly in the scalers) were do to a big cam. However, it looks pretty mild.
    Last edited by mmigacz; 11-23-2013 at 01:19 AM.