Thread: Site Donations. (yes I went there)

Site Donations. (yes I went there)

Hosting websites, administrating them and fixing problems/migrating old data does not automatically happen, nor does it happen for free (time IS money!).

So, from what I see here, the persons responsible for running this site are fellow enthusiasts and provide this great resource out of the kindness of their own hearts, i.e. NOT looking to make money or get rich from providing this resource. :) From my own experience running forums in the past and still hosting sites and buying fast & dependable server space - it isn't remotely free. For the small amount of farting around I do hosting things for friends / communities - I pay roughly $300/year for limited online storage and unlimited bandwith (well, it's limited, but I don't come close to needing more).

Anywhooo, I'd like to propose a "donate" button or a link for a way for people to donate if they feel they would like to return the favor on the help they get here. Personally, I don't need an extra icon or a private forum for donating (as other sites sometimes provide) - I would just like to help out where I can.

(It may be a bit selfish too, as I'd really like this place to stick around! )

~Scot

Whoops!!!

Some searching around located exactly what I was talking about!

Pardon my ignorance!
    ~ Scot

I've never told anyone about that... but enabled it when I did this upgrade.

So far I have done all the website work myself so no costs, just time, paid for new vBulliten software with old EFI stuff I wasn't going to use sold on ebay, hosting is pretty cheap monthly and unlimited bandwidth to cover all our file uploads and downloads. This has always been a free to use site and always will be. All options are on for everyone... almost... some are security risks, but we have a forum to talk about anything it needs on/off/changed.

Glad to have you here! That's what it's all about is the people (Gearheads) and their needs or in my case obsession (EFI) !

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I've never told anyone about that... but enabled it when I did this upgrade.
    I'm very happy you did! :)

Your hard work is appreciated.
    ~ Scot