Thread: Hello

Carb and Points!

Hello

I've pulled the harness from my 87 donor truck to go with new L31 & tbi in the old 77. (Chevy 1/2 ton long bed dual tank rigs, 350 tbi to tbi vortec conversion)

Got the harness on the kitchen table in front of me. Been staring at the wiring diagram.

Feeling not smart enough to strip down to vital and desired engine control and emissions circuits.

Hole behind glove box is ready, module mounting bracket installed. Confused by the harness and need to strip it down to being more ready to lay out in vehicle.

Thanks

z
    Last edited by zoner; 01-07-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Advice from a wiring pro:
    one wire at a time
    solder splice wires together
    use adhesive lined shrink tubing
    do not use butt splices

Link to moving connector terminals: http://www.dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php (sometimes its easier to pull the wire from the connector to get the wire out of the "Rats Nest")

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the welcome. And the link.

I have done a bunch of street legal home jobs for dirt bikes and have learned to keep it tidy with solder and shrink. Looks like it's a matter of stripping unneeded stuff starting at the module plugs. I'll want to save the fuse panel firewall connector for the donor truck in order to run it with my leftover engine, carb & drivetrain as a rust bucket boom truck.

It's interesting to see what some shade tree butchered in what must have been a perfectly good '87. Wasn't even running a coolant temp lead to module. And seemed to run pretty good!

I think everything I need is there. Or on my kitchen table.

z