Thread: 2007 Trailblazer inputting correct VIN

Fuel Injected!

2007 Trailblazer inputting correct VIN

Hey guys, happy New Year.

I have a buddy that has a 2007 Trailblazer that has come stock with the 5.3 V8.

He has added:

The RPO's I added are
    AAB - Memory Driver convenience package (seats, mirrors)
    DL2 - O/S Mirror
    KA1 - Heated seats
    U2k - Digital Audio

Mechanically this was all plug and play. The wire harnesses had all the necessary wiring already there. I believe that is because I have the higher end LT model

My next mod is to ditch the 4x4 and add the SS AWD transfer case.

To make these options function, he had to add a VIN from an AWD SS Trailblazer.

Question. How does he retain these RPO functions while using the original VIN for his Trailblazer?

I was thinking he could use the VCI # system via Techlink and his local dealership, but they are not familiar with doing this.
    Je currently has deleted DOD as well, and this has been taken care of via the PCM calibration.

Aside from using the GM techline, is there a way via aftermarket tuning suites to accomplish this ?

He is located in the USA abd is will to pay any sort of incurred fees. Any friendly techs out there?

Thanks Gents, let me know if you need more info.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Any input from anyone?

thanks

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    How'd you use the VIN to add the options? By using a TechII and the VIN to re-program the BCM?

Fuel Injected!
    I'll have to pull up some diagrams and do some reading, but why not just remove the atc and treat like 2wd? Use your tuning software to remove codes.

I have a subscription to the GM stuff an a mongoose cable and I have a tech2. I know when I log on there is a area to check to enable certain functions id have to have the vehicle on hand to see if it gave that option. The only other deal I would say through the GM SPS treat it as a bcm replace read the file with a tech2 or mongoose then when it asks "Is this vin correct" then change it. Im in central CA but a crap shoot of where he is. Do you have access to a GM approved J2534 cable such as a mongoose if so pm me??

Administrator
    Your friend may get stuck. I tried to add cruise to our shop truck. The BCM recognizes cruise switch input but does not send "cruise enable" to ecm. Local dealer tried to flash bcm with new calibration but is told there's no software for this truck with cruise. So it is there, but unusable.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    How'd you use the VIN to add the options? By using a TechII and the VIN to re-program the BCM?
    GM dealership dropped in a TBSS calibration that his lcal pick and pull supplied to enable the options.
    All wiring was already in place from factory.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I'll have to pull up some diagrams and do some reading, but why not just remove the atc and treat like 2wd? Use your tuning software to remove codes.
    That is possible, but he wants the VIN from his T-blazer in the PCM that will allow the 4 new options to be enabled.

peace
    Hog
    Last edited by Hog; 01-05-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    This is a copy/paste from a GM TechLink article dated August 1st 2006.

In the past, when it was necessary to change the configuration of a vehicle (axle ratio, for instance), you had to call the Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) and obtain a Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI) number. Then you would use the VCI number to access the download that corresponded to the required change. TCSC also updated the vehicle's "as built" database to reflect the new change.

This process has been considerably streamlined.

Now, you will still call TCSC to report the change to be made, and provide vehicle information, including VIN, accessory being installed or option being changed, and authorization codes if needed.

TCSC will access the main data base and make the appropriate changes for the vehicle in question. You will then be able to access the new configuration using normal procedures through TIS2WEB.

When you hang up the phone, by the time you get to your terminal, the download will already be available, ready for use.

TIP:Â The reprogramming that's necessary when installing 20-inch wheels still requires you to obtain a VCI number.

And here is another GM TechLink article dated July 1st 2006

In early June, GMSO completed the migration of TIS 2 Web SPS to all U.S. dealers. Today, dealers will use TIS 2 Web as the primary method to update the Tech 2 and to perform vehicle reprogramming (SPS).

Now, when launching TIS from your Techline PC, you will find a TIS 2 Web icon that will direct you to the TIS 2 Web central website. Using TIS 2 Web provides access to the most current vehicle data and calibrations, significantly reducing instances of missing VINs or VCI requests.Â

Additionally, recent enhancements have improved calibration download times, making TIS 2 Web considerably easier to use. The final phases of the transition to TIS 2 Web, adding Tech 2 View and SnapShot are scheduled for release by August 2006.

TIS GMACCESS Now the Backup

Until the final phases of the transition to TIS 2 Web are completed, TIS GMACCESS will be maintained as a backup in the event TIS 2 Web is unavailable.

Accessing TIS 2 Web

For security purposes, TIS 2 Web does not allow concurrent logons with the same ID and password. So, each technician is required to have their own DealerWorld ID and password. The dealership's partner security coordinator (PSC) can provide these user credentials as well as update the technician's user profile to include all the service applications.

If there are any questions regarding TIS 2 Web, contact Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) at 888.337.1010 or your regional Techline Consultant.

So basically the tech cals up the TAC line, with a VIN and VCI number, then by the time he gets back to his work station, the calibration is ready to be flashed into teh vehicle.

I remember AJXTCMAN was doing this with the Cadillac Northstar engines. A lot of that info was on Monodax.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    I have a subscription to the GM stuff an a mongoose cable and I have a tech2. I know when I log on there is a area to check to enable certain functions id have to have the vehicle on hand to see if it gave that option. The only other deal I would say through the GM SPS treat it as a bcm replace read the file with a tech2 or mongoose then when it asks "Is this vin correct" then change it. Im in central CA but a crap shoot of where he is. Do you have access to a GM approved J2534 cable such as a mongoose if so pm me??
    Unfortunatley he is in Colorado. Thanks for your support though.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    This is a cut/paste from the owners manual of a OTC/Genesis tool.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI) Information
    GM Service Programming System User’s Guide
    Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI) Information
    About VCI
    A Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI) is a number representing
    a valid combination of parts and systems built
    in a vehicle, including optional equipment. GM Service
    and Parts Operations uses VCI numbers to identify a
    unique calibration or group of calibrations.
    If the VIN of the vehicle is not part of the TIS data, or if
    the vehicle has been reconfigured from its original build
    specifications (such as changes in tire sizes and axle
    ratios), you will need a VCI number to access the SPS
    vehicle calibration files during reprogramming.
    Note:
    Keep in mind that many calibrations for reconfiguring
    vehicles (adding/changing options, such as fog lamps) are
    selectable in SPS and a VCI number is not necessary. If the
    VIN is not part of the TIS data that is currently loaded, a TIS
    error message will state that the VIN is incorrect or a VCI number
    is needed. If a VCI number is required, contact Technical
    Service at 1-800-533-6127.
    How to get a GM VCI
    If a Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI) number is
    required, contact Technical Service at 1-800-522-6127.
    Have the following information available:
    Type of PC (must be equal or better than “System
    Requirements
    ” on page 1)

Desktop

Laptop
    Windows Operating System

2000 Pro SP3

XP Pro
    SPS Application (CD revision number)
    SPS Data CD date
    SPS Error Message
    Module Type
    Module part #

Old

New
    TIS Error message
    Change tire size (Manufacturers Regular Production
    Option only)

old

new
    Change gear ratio (Manufacturers Regular Production
    Option only)

Old

New
    VIN #

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Its a little more complicated then just getting a vin. The vin would have to have all the options he already has plus your new ones. If you just choose a vin that's from an SS but its missing an option you have the item can cease working. And all the modules would have to be flashed. In my dealership days adding fog lights or cruise was common and would call the tech line with vin and what you were adding and they would create the flash for you to enable it. Some items you could enable with tech2, like when adding the pto you could turn on the idle control with tech2. The radio likely does not currently work because the vin it has stored is not what is being communicated over the data line. At very least right now radio needs to be flashed and body control.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Its a little more complicated then just getting a vin. The vin would have to have all the options he already has plus your new ones. If you just choose a vin that's from an SS but its missing an option you have the item can cease working. And all the modules would have to be flashed. In my dealership days adding fog lights or cruise was common and would call the tech line with vin and what you were adding and they would create the flash for you to enable it. Some items you could enable with tech2, like when adding the pto you could turn on the idle control with tech2. The radio likely does not currently work because the vin it has stored is not what is being communicated over the data line. At very least right now radio needs to be flashed and body control.
    the SS vin in his truck now does have all the same options. Everything works just fine. He just wants to be able to use the stock VIN with these OEM mods.

peace
    Hog