Thread: 411 and tbi

Fuel Injected!

411 and tbi

I did a search nothong conclusive came up, but has it even been tried or would it be wirth it to attempt i have little to no knowledge of the standard vortec 411 pcm swap so i have to look into it more, but i figured if anyones heard about it or tried its one of yall

I'll share some thoughts about the '0411:

The software (EFI Live / HP Tuners) to program and data log the '0411 is almost as expensive as some complete aftermarket TBI systems.

The '0411 is sequential fire fuel injection, requiring both cam and crank position sensors.

Generally, TBI is associated with low cost. The '0411 is Not generally associated as low cost.

Maybe TBI is possible with the '0411 using dual throttle bodies (4 injectors in each throttle body) as one possible idea. It seems very unlikely in the near future due to the software costs involved.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    software wise im covered, i do feel that 411 has become cheaper recently, ive done one or two on vortec trucks with minimal hassle that is though that a freidn has the computer tuned for me so when i get it its plug it in and run it.

i never though about the only 2 injectors thing, could probably be overcome though. as for cam and crank sensors such from a vortec motor wouldnt be an issue.