Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 87 Corvette single turbo tuning

Administrator
    Yep. I have trouble at work with Win 7 and Firefox.

Fuel Injected!
    I was able to get back in the shop today, I installed a 3 bar MAP, I burned a chip with a bin of $12, it wouldn't fire the injectors. I'm not sure I have the wiring right for the $12 yet. I only wired in the MAP without taking away the MAF wiring, Just in case I can't get this, I will be able to go back and at least drive the car while I'm learning the $12.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    yeah you guys got lucky your 1227165 is the same as our aussie and nz 1227808 but ours didnt get a highspeed aldl chip we add it in to get highspeed data.so our code just works in your ecu's like stock with simple wiring mods for the map sensor. delete the 9th injector its not needed.
    only thing that may be an issue is if other systems in the car need aldl data abs and dash etc
    I put in the MAP, is there something else I should change? It doesn't fire the injectors.

Fuel Injected!
    just replyed to ya PM

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by billygraves View Post
    The older MAF and even the 05 MAF systems have a error when you are under boost and have to lift off the throttle. (lift foot) The large mass of air hits the throttle blade and bounces back to the MAF. Highly dependent on placement. The reverse air is interpreted as flow and fuel/spark is given. Stalling occurs. When I was @ GM the motorsports group had to modify the s/w to eliminate this stalling for a customer with a LS turbo Olds Toro FWD.
    I'm afraid I can't contribute a lot to this specific conversation, but I love these stories.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    I'm afraid I can't contribute a lot to this specific conversation, but I love these stories.
    I am having a lot of fun with this. It is tremendous learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    X2

Very good stuff.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Today was another day in the shop, Got the wiring taken care of. but still no injector fire with the $12, I am sure it is my inability to burn a chip correctly. I have two ECM's so I am able to switch back and forth to help trouble shoot. I even tried to burn a chip back to factory tune and it wouldn't run with that chip either. I have reverted back to square one for now, trying to figure this out.

Couple things...

Are you verifying the chip against the buffer after programming?

Is the chip installed correctly in the burner?

Is the chip installed correctly in the chip socket?

Properly burned chip should KOEO (key on engine off) turn on the SES light, off once, then back on steady.
    Last edited by brian617; 01-23-2015 at 02:24 AM.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    yes, yes, yes, no. Two different chips, two different codes, I'm scratching my head. I'm new at burning my own chips but I have read everything twice, three times LOL. Can someone explain "stacking" the bin?

Fuel Injected!
    I'm thinking back and even if the chip is bad, I would have thought the car would run in limp mode?

Fuel Injected!
    is the ecu you are using dead in the drivers or missing a pin on the plugs or something.should turn key and have fuel pump run for a couple of seconds and check engine light iluminate.the check engine light wont light then go out and then come on solid like other codes it just comes on solid from key on.im surprised it didnt run off the backup resisters which is why im thinking theres an ecu issue
    what kind of burner are you using for the chips?
    bin stacking is a function of tunerpro.goto tools menu/bin stacker/spliter/set to stack /layout should be 32/64/32 click on the funny square beside output file address and make a new filename for your stacked tune i use the original filename withj stacked on the end.it will say file doesnt exist create new file select yes then load the tune to stack into the 2 drop down boxes below then click stack.you will now have a stacked file in the location you created the file

Fuel Injected!
    I am second guessing myself now that I think back, The check engine light may have been on. I was attempting to start car from standing outside and watching the noid light. I am using the Motes APU1 autoprom and flash & burn, Fuel pump does come on.

Fuel Injected!
    try your other ecu or the memcal out the other ecu in the ecu your trying to use

Fuel Injected!
    I have just stacked the bin and reburned the chip, will give it another try tomorrow. Thanks again Delcowizzid.