Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 87 Corvette single turbo tuning

Fuel Injected!
    I looked into $12p a few months ago and have went back several times since looking at it in TunerPro. I have tuned my 6E car as well as a few other 6E and EE cars and just looking at $12P hurts my head. Not having a clue what half those parameters mean is keeping me from going forward with my twin turbo build. I have a 7730ecm somewhere in the shop so I am now looking at $58 and $59. I knew going boosted was gonna involve a steeper learning curve than the N/A cars I have done but I'm not sure if I have what it takes to pull it off. If I don't get a little more comfortable with it soon my 383 will be going back together N/A.

I have very little experience with "boost" (Turbo / Supercharge) applications (only one to date using $85). I don't have experience with either $58 or $59. I have only one experience with $12P (N/A) which was mostly a positive experience. I'm sure if I had been local to the $12P vehicle, the end result would have been more positive. I've had very positive experiences with EBL both local and remote vehicles, but I don't have any "boost" experience with EBL.

I see both pro's and con's to all the "boost" ECM options available.

As an idea to tackle the learning curve, maybe some members here will share .xdl files and / or .bin files to help you come up to speed with an ECM you want to learn? The challenge I see with file sharing is some of the .xdf files can not be publicly shared on open forums like gearhead-efi and other similar forums, so you might have to directly contact the supplier for .xdf files.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I agree with you Dewayne, so i am going to turn the boost way down and then stage it back up as i learn how to work it

Fuel Injected!
    ill make you a starter bin for ose$12p if you want then you will only really need to mess with a few tables ie off boost spark boost spark and off boost ve and boost ve to get it dialed in good enough to thrash around.all the labells in 12p are gm specific naming scheme may confuse people who are used to other labels.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    ill make you a starter bin for ose$12p if you want then you will only really need to mess with a few tables ie off boost spark boost spark and off boost ve and boost ve to get it dialed in good enough to thrash around.all the labells in 12p are gm specific naming scheme may confuse people who are used to other labels.
    Compared to 6E and EE it confuses the crap out of me. I have never had any dealings with tuning forced induction so not only do I have to learn another code I have to learn what a boosted engine needs to run smoothly. I figure before it's over I will be wishing I had went back N/A and just stepped up the N20.

Fuel Injected!
    That would help me, I would love to have a starter.
    Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Does anyone know what was used in the Calloway RPO B2K Corvettes, they ran from 87 to 91, would be intresting to see how they handled fuel and timing.

Fuel Injected!
    Could not stand it and took the car to a test and tune session at a nearby track yesterday, MAF will not work for me LOL, Sorry guys just had to see for myself while I was waiting on the parts to convert to SD. Car ran great for about 100' then couldn't flow enough air to feed the turbo. So I will be 3bar MAP and the ose$12p if Delcowizzid is up to helping a beginner, hint hint

billygraves
    The older MAF and even the 05 MAF systems have a error when you are under boost and have to lift off the throttle. (lift foot) The large mass of air hits the throttle blade and bounces back to the MAF. Highly dependent on placement. The reverse air is interpreted as flow and fuel/spark is given. Stalling occurs. When I was @ GM the motorsports group had to modify the s/w to eliminate this stalling for a customer with a LS turbo Olds Toro FWD.
    I agree with the lack of calibrations listed in the $12P. Many undefined. I am considering a move to the Aussie 808 SD using my 165 ecm for my big block that runs out @ 4,500 with MAF. I have fabed up a dual air inlet tubing for the TB that had twin MAFs. Then recalibrating the MAF slope. It didn't function 15% of the time. The air pulled from the other side as I saw the flow lower at that time. (I sensed only one MAF but had a MAF on each side.) This trick needs a divider at each throttle bore to function. It was worth a try.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by billygraves View Post
    I am considering a move to the Aussie 808 SD using my 165 ecm for my big block that runs out @ 4,500 with MAF.
    Stay n touch with this as I am going to convert a blow though carb BB to EFI once I get this Corvette lined out.

Fuel Injected!
    one for the boosted peoples LOL $12P 3 bar tpi350 base tune its version 111

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Delcowizzid, I'll get this in today and give it a try.

Fuel Injected!
    Any reason this is downloading as a .php file?
    one for the boosted peoples LOL $12P 3 bar tpi350 base tune its version 111

Administrator
    There seems to be a problem with how some browsers handle the attachment. I have the same issue on my work computer. You can change the file name before saving.

Fuel Injected!
    downloaded just fine on an older computer, Windows XP.