Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jet dynamic spectrum tuner help

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Once upon a time AVT wouldn't sell to individuals. Has that changed?
    Bought the cable first week of this month. And I don't own a shop our business.

Administrator
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by freshda9 View Post
    Tuner Cat and Jet are the same entity, so saying Jet is a pos is saying Cats is also. There is nothing wrong with either and they do their purpose. For unlimted tuning with Jet just purchase a AVT-852 cable and you can use it as a pass through with jet (unlimited flashing).
    I have both and they have very different support.
    I had issues and never got help from Jet. On the other hand, TC has great support, fast email responses and outstanding customer care.

Do you care to elaborate on using Jet with the AVT cable? A few years ago I tried that but didn't work.
    I tried using Jet flash with AVT cable but it doesn't work, it will not read or write. I can read a calibration using AVT and winflash, Jet will open and edit the file but can only save as .jst which winflash will not open.

How do you do that?

Fuel Injected!
    I must have misinterpreted what you said. I thought you were talking about the 2 software's being different and one pos, I can understand customer service being shit on Jets end.

I bought the AVT cable to use with Cats obd2 myself and it works fine for it, I was told by many other peers of mine it will also work as a passthrough for Jet as well. I will give Jet a try here in a few days and see what it does on my end. I have tested Tuner Cats and the LS1 vin change software both working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by freshda9 View Post
    I bought the AVT cable to use with Cats obd2 myself and it works fine for it, I was told by many other peers of mine it will also work as a passthrough for Jet as well. I will give Jet a try here in a few days and see what it does on my end. I have tested Tuner Cats and the LS1 vin change software both working fine.
    I'm positive the AVT cable doesn't work with Jet. If it did it would defeat the protection they put on it, because Jet includes all the definitions when you install the software. The protection is in Jet's interface which will not allow read/write to the PCM if the VIN is not licensed. If you could read/write with Jet and AVT cable you could tune any vehicle supported by Jet/TC without paying.

TC's Winflash allows full read/write access to any supported PCM, you only need to supply the .Cal file when flashing. The protection is in the editor, it will not open a .cal if you don't buy the definition. It will not open Jet files for editing or flashing.
    Jet flash only lets you read/write a PCM if it's licensed. The editor lets you open and modify any .jcl or .cal file but only saves as .jcl (so you can't save a file as .cal and flash it with winflash and avt).

I'll do more testing to see if I missed something, but I think the folks at TC/Jet did a good job to protect their work.

I did more testing and as I said, Jet Flash will not work with an AVT cable, this is the error it gives when I tried to read a PCM using my AVT cable

Fuel Injected!
    Monte, I am getting the same error. This blows. Well CATS is a better solution and Tuner Pro with the AVT still.