Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jet dynamic spectrum tuner help

Fuel Injected!

jet dynamic spectrum tuner help

Anyone with experience with Dynamic spectrum tuner software? I'm gonna need it for a few projects involving 96-97 L31's and Im looking for a lil guide or walkthrough.

Administrator
    It's extremely close to Tunercat. I have TC but there probably aren't too many others. I don't really do walkthroughs and your software might be a little different from mine, too. But I'll answer whatever questions I can. You need to download the file from the pcm with the flash or write tool, then open the file in the tuner to make changes. After you've saved the modified file you write it back to the pcm with the flash software.

Are you using the stock black box pcm's? People find they don't have enough flexibility for really custom projects and switch to the 0411.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    It's extremely close to Tunercat. I have TC but there probably aren't too many others. I don't really do walkthroughs and your software might be a little different from mine, too. But I'll answer whatever questions I can. You need to download the file from the pcm with the flash or write tool, then open the file in the tuner to make changes. After you've saved the modified file you write it back to the pcm with the flash software.

Are you using the stock black box pcm's? People find they don't have enough flexibility for really custom projects and switch to the 0411.
    I have noticed driveability improvements in stock and near stock setups with the 0411 swap.

Administrator
    Do you find enough improvement to recommend it for otherwise stock vehicles?

Fuel Injected!
    Well I was planning on getting OBDII software to tune newer ecm's and I've had a lot of people asking locally for 96-97 tuning cause hp tuners doesn't support it.

Fuel Injected!
    Nevermind that software has very lil support and potential, 411 swap it is. Any good swap guides you recommend?

Administrator
    Many people are disappointed that Tunercat no longer sells or supports his own tuner. JET apparently bailed out after buying the distribution rights.

I believe you can find a very good 0411 swap guide written by member Lextech.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Many people are disappointed that Tunercat no longer sells or supports his own tuner. JET apparently bailed out after buying the distribution rights.

I believe you can find a very good 0411 swap guide written by member Lextech.
    John at Tunercat fully supports his product. He has some of the best support of of all the tuning suites.

You can still purchase Tunercat 2 in the form of Tunbercat Realtime OBD2 along with a Road runner emulator.
    John sold partial TC2 rights to Jet, so that he could support his current OBD1 and OBD2 customer bases.

If you know how to tune there's nothing wrong with the Jet version,, but I prefer the unlimited no extra charge tuning of Tunercat 2. SPend $80 for a VDF and you can literally tune thousads of like vehicles for no extra charge.

peace
    Hog

If you still haven't purchased Jet DST, please don't. I have it and it's the worst piece of crap I have ever bought.
    The software is good, but the support is non-existent. No one will ever answer any email. It's VIN locked and you can only tune 6 vehicles with one cable (after sending the cable to Jet for 2 additional licenses).
    Better do a 411 swap and buy HPtuners

Administrator
    Maybe I should try and find a used Jet cable to play with.

Fuel Injected!
    Tuner Cat and Jet are the same entity, so saying Jet is a pos is saying Cats is also. There is nothing wrong with either and they do their purpose. For unlimted tuning with Jet just purchase a AVT-852 cable and you can use it as a pass through with jet (unlimited flashing).

Fuel Injected!
    I have most ls1 based tuning software. If you need help post the file up. I'm sure members will help. Our email me the file doctortuned@gmail.com.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by freshda9 View Post
    Tuner Cat and Jet are the same entity, so saying Jet is a pos is saying Cats is also. There is nothing wrong with either and they do their purpose. For unlimted tuning with Jet just purchase a AVT-852 cable and you can use it as a pass through with jet (unlimited flashing).
    I understand the OP's position. There's a lot to learn about tuning and if it feels like there's no support for the software then it's a waste of money to buy it.
    Have you bought an AVT-852 cable? Who sells them?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes i have a AVT cable and i got mine from AVT. http://www.avt-hq.com/price.htm#AVT-852

I also have a lot of gear

Last edited by freshda9; 01-21-2015 at 03:23 AM.

Administrator
    Once upon a time AVT wouldn't sell to individuals. Has that changed?