Hello,

I've been doing a lot of research lately about tuning gm tbi systems. I just recently found this forum and have been reading and learning a lot on here. I probably won't be posting very much as I still have a ton more reading to do first. I'll try not to ask any newbie type questions that have been asked many times before. I just bought an APU1 and G1 from Moates.net and that should be arriving a little after Christmas. I already have a MTL-X from Innovate Motorsports. I'm really excited about this. Merry Christmas to me!

My main reasons for learning tuning are related to the 2 vehicles I currently own. I have a 1995 GMC van with a 454 and 4l80e. It's a quigley 4x4 conversion. I just had to replaced the head gaskets and while that was being done I changed the cam to the summit k1300. It is a mild cam, but is better than stock. The exhaust has been changed to 2 1/2" true duals after the stock manifolds, with high flow cats and glass packs. My plan is to learn to tune this first. It should only need minor changes as it's not to far from stock as is. After I get more comfortable with tuning I'm going to start building the engine up from there.

My other car is a 1971 Datsun 240z with a Chevy 327. It currently has a Holley 750 double pumper that I've spent a lot of time tuning with a wideband O2, but I don't think it is ever going to run the way I want. I had bought a 1995 Chevy van to use as a parts van for my other van. It has rust but runs great. It has a 350 tbi with a 4l60e. I think I want to take all the FI stuff from it and install it in the 240z 327. I'll probably be looking for another 454 throttle body for it though. I had never considered this as an option until I recently started researching options for my van. My plan was to use megasquirt. But now that I know I have a decent computer in my parts van, I should just use it. I'll only have to learn 1 software setup for both my vehicles. Seems like the way to go.

Thanks,

Rob