Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Ecm is not sending a signal to trigger iac

Fuel Injected!
    I feel like the offset may be my problem. I thought tuner pro set offset automatically. I am using a 27sf512 chip. I am a little confused on how you wrote the offset. Here is what i currently have in tp.

Buffer Start 00000 Buffer End 000FFF

Chip Start 00F000 Chip End 00FFFF
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 02-18-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Typo in Buffer end address. Changed from 00FFFF to 000FFF

Refresh the page. I tabbed and hit enter and it saved post before I was finished typing it. I edited the post

When you tie the last 4 address pins high on the chip, It forces the chip to address the last 4k of the 64k That way the chip appears the same as a 2732 to the ECM.

Fuel Injected!
    I checked continuity on the 5 pins and they have good continuity. I tried changing the chip adressing and when i change the end buffer address the end chip address changes. I cant make them the same.
    Last edited by joegreen; 02-18-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Set the other one first. If you still have trouble , download the Flash N Burn standalone utility from Moates. http://support.moates.net/flash-n-burn/

Fuel Injected!
    The flash and burn does the same thing. I can have the buffer and chip end address 00FFFF when the chip start adress is all zeroes but when i change the chip start address the chip and buffer ends cant match

Yeah, you might either have to get a programmer where you can easily set the offset addressing or get/make a proper adapter.

The forced offset addressing of TP RT/ F n' B might be whats causing you issues.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok everyone i got it. there were a couple confusions. First on my part i was not even programming the chip correctly. First i found this post from mark http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Flash-and-Burn then i followed the link to http://support.moates.net/programmin...using-offsets/. I followed moates step by step instructions. I did not know you had to load the file to the buffer. I thought that it just burned the bin you had open in tuner pro. Also no offence sturgillbd but you gave me the wrong end buffer. You included one to many F's. This makes me wonder if the old ecm was actually bad because it turns out i dont think i was actually burning anything to my chips (oh man). Although the CEL did not work before and now it does so yay.

I apologize and no offense taken. If you will look at my first post on to you on programming using offsets ( http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post48191 ), You would see I gave you the proper address then. I made a typo on the second attempt in trying to show the proper offset. I will try to go back and edit it but if I cannot, will one of the moderators please edit it so there is not bad info floating around?
    Thanks,
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    Well now that everything is sorted out my next step is to finish up with the harness. Then hopefully get some good data. Then on to tuning. Thanks everyone

Fuel Injected!
    I drove my truck to school today 40 miles round trip with the ASDU chip with the egr turned off and it did not do the best. Friday i am going on a trip to a friends house to help him move furniture. His house is a few hours away and my truck does not work well when taking off from a stop or from slow speeds. When you press the gas it stumbles and and if you press it to far it pops through the intake and dies. He is located near the city and its alot of stop and go/get out of my way type traffic. When i unplugged my CTS the truck ran a lot better which points to a lean afr. I hope it does not seem like i am looking for an instant fix it all, I am just looking for a modified bin that maybe someone has that will add some more fuel. The truck has better take off running off the secondary chip. I am not asking anyone to modify a bin, just post up a premade bin if you have one lying around on your pc so i can try it. Thanks guys.

Fuel Injected!
    Alright so i installed the new harness and have it mostly finished. I connected my laptop to the computer so i could see if i get any errors before i tape up the harness. The good news is the harness works the bad news is I am still getting almost constant errors. I tried all different sorts of latency settings and recieve size settings and nothing stopped or slowed down the errors. I can still connect error free when the truck is not running.
    Last edited by joegreen; 05-26-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I am trying to get tuner pro rt v4 to work and i can get it to where it says that it is connected but it connects the instant i press the connect button and it does not actually show any real data. I dont think that it is actually connected. How can i get tp v4 to connect properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joegreen; 05-27-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    i took the belt off of the alternator to rule that out as far as interference. When i connected tunerpro i still get errors. Do you think i might need new spark plug wires. Ill have to check and see what i have on thier now.
    Last edited by joegreen; 05-27-2015 at 10:32 PM.