Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ecm is not sending a signal to trigger iac

While you are working on your vehicle tomorrow, get the number on top of your injectors and post them. I'm also curious as to what injectors you are using. Is this a stock bin you are running or is it modified? Can you post the bin?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    While you are working on your vehicle tomorrow, get the number on top of your injectors and post them. I'm also curious as to what injectors you are using. Is this a stock bin you are running or is it modified? Can you post the bin?
    currently i am using the stock AFBW bin. Both injectors are brand new. http://www.autozone.com/fuel-deliver.../79734_3214_0/.

Fuel Injected!
    I took a data log on my trip home from school to pick up the fuel pressure tester. I also took a log while the fuel pressure tester was hooked up. The fuel pressure stayed at 13 psi and did not drop at idle, cruising, or when floored. I will post up those logs in a little. Also i noticed when i went to go out for my test drive the IAC counts went to like 145 and the truck idled around 500-550 rpms.
    Last edited by joegreen; 02-13-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Ok , your newest log shows lean at cruise speed etc. I also notice two error codes set. First is error 32 (EGR). I assume you do not have egr hooked up. The second error is 42. Have you cleared codes since disconnecting the bypass wire and setting the timing? Did you hook the bypass wire back up? EGR can be turned off in the bin. Base ignition timing needs to be set at 0 degrees with bypass wire disconnected. Shut engine off and reconnect bypass wire. Disconnect battery terminal for a few mins to clear codes. Drive vehicle again and make sure error 42 doesn't get set.

Fuel Injected!
    i set timing to zero and everything but i never disconnected the battery to clear the codes. I will do that end verify that error 42 does not come back. If error 42 does appear what is usually the cause?
    Last edited by joegreen; 02-13-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Looked at history tables and the averages do not look as bad as just watching the data as it is being played. Here are some screen shots of BLM in the history tables populated with your longer datalog. Get your error codes cleared up and start tuning using the spreadsheet.

Fuel Injected!
    I was just reviewing my drive with fuel pressure log and i noticed that voltage goes to .1v and shift position indicates park. Another problem i have always had is when i am in tuner pro and connected to the ecm where it says connected in dark blue that almost constantly flashes error in red. The the left where it says how may times an error pops up mine goes into the thousands on a drive. If you watch the time closely on my data logs you can see that like 2-5 seconds go buy before new data comes in. Is this a potential problem. When i look at other peoples data logs they are much more fluid and uniform in thier data delivery. Also on my drive home i noticed the battery voltage drops and the peaks and while this happens the blm drops?
    Last edited by joegreen; 02-13-2015 at 03:08 AM.

You may have latency issues with your cable. Have you adjusted your latency timer in device manager of your laptop? Here is info from Moates:

Open up your Windows Control Panel, under ‘System’ and ‘Hardware’ and ‘Device Manager’ under ‘Ports’. Find the USB Serial Port, and go to the Port Settings tab. Go to the Advanced button, and make sure the COM port setting is either COM3 or COM4. Set the latency to 1. If having connection issues, you might try a latency of 5. Once settings are applied, hit OK and close out all Control panel stuff. Keep in mind that this will be valid and ‘keep’ for the particular USB port you are plugged into for next time. If you plug into a different USB port you’ll need to do this again for that one.

You may also lower the receive buffer size.

Hope this helps
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    This is so frustrating. I cannot get tuner pro to show a solid connected. I tried all my usb terminals, 2 different cables, tried adjusting latency all over and the same with the recieve buffer size. Nothing works.

Reset your your latency settings and buffer sizes back to default. Try to connect to your father's truck and see if you get good data from it. If it connects to it with no errors, then you need to look for ground issues or the harness routed too close to plug wires etc. Does your laptop connect to your truck with key on and engine not running with no errors? If so you may be getting noise induced into the harness from the plug wires etc. I have two cables I use. One is a homemade interface that uses a 9 pin serial and I normally use it on the 160 baud systems. The other is a USB to Serial TTL cable. On it, It twisted RX and TX together and soldered it to a pin. I also soldered a pin to the ground wire on the cable. I just stick the pins into the aldl connector's A and M terminals. A is ground and M is serial data on the 8192 baud systems I have used. I will set up a 160 baud ECM tonight and try the FTDI cable on it and see if I have any issues with it.

Fuel Injected!
    I cannot connect to my dads truck because he is a state away. i deleted tunerpro 5 and downloaded tp4 after reading about other people having connection issues. I now get a steady connected in blue with no errors. yaay but i cant get the dash to display data and the data i can find goes crazy. Like im going 0mph then im going 128 mph, every value jumps all over the place.

Fuel Injected!
    I redownloaded tunerpro 5 and i still get errors with the key on but the engine not running.

Which adx file are you using?

Fuel Injected!
    I am using
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I really appreciate all your help sturgillbd and to everyone else who has helped out.