Thread: My aldl does not look right!

Fuel Injected!

My aldl does not look right!

Ok, so after being confused a good while I found out that what i have thought is my Aldl is not an AlDl and that there is supposed to be something that plugs into this plug I have and that has the plug for aldl.. Keep in mind my harness is for a conversion and not stock. It is from a 94 Chevy pickup, ECM is 16196395

I had to jumper the Pink/black to the red to make the injectors work... I assume that this pink black would most likely have originally went to the switch to power the injectors? Looking at this bundle i have a few more wires than what most aldl seem to have.

What else might be controlled by the switch? or needs ground ect. I cant seem to find a wiring diagram for this bundle.. I've found most everything else but not this.

I've also tried to reset my idle with the description here on the forum... It didn't work, don't know if maybe there are color changes where this plugs into the aldl.. kinda stumped here.

I am however able to hook up to serial and monitor data.

You're correct, that's not the ALDL connector. That id the dash feed connector. It plugs into the dash harness to provide ignition power and a few other signals, such as CEL, the wires that actually end up at the ALDL connector, and sometimes a few non-EFI related wires.

You will find the pin out for these in the diagram for the ECM pinout. Sometimes there's a note beside the connectors (I.E. "to dash"), or sometimes there will simply be the wires end (in the diagram) with a similar note to what I already stated.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Ah that makes sense, Thanks Shooter.. I still cant this plug in the diagrams as a complete pinout but I think there's enough info to make it work. Correct me if I am wrong, I can basically cut this thing out, run the always hot (red wire) to power my switch or the appropriate circuit on my interior harness) then from switch to pink/black to power up injectors (and since looking at diagrams again several other items) use the orange/black serial pin, the diagnostic pin and the ground for their purpose, check engine light wire for its purpose, tie them into an actual aldl plug.. really I think that's all I will need but IDK..maybe just cap off the rest just in case i need em later.. :)

The link to the wiring diagrams: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OE

Pink / Black is usually ignition power "ON / START".

dave w