7060 Speed sensor page.jpg

Jim , thanks for the response ,

I suppose I was unclear in my first post , the front sensor (TISS or transmission input speed sensor) and the sensor on the tailshaft of the T-case (VSS or vehicle speed sensor) are there and functional, the rear most sensor on the transmission case itself (TOSS or transmission output speed sensor) is what is missing the reluctor ring. This is common on later 4L80E's as the '7427 and later PCM's do not use it.

At the top of this page , the Transmission output speed sensor is what the '7060 needs to see , on the trans I am working with the reluctor ring in not installed on the rear planet assembly , therefor there is nothing for the TOSS to gain a signal from . Aside from removing the trans and having the ring pressed on (disassembling the trans is needed to do this) I was looking for another option to get an input of the correct signal to B6 and B5 .

I do not know what signal the TOSS produces , I believe it to be a 40 tooth reluctor wheel , much like the VSS on the tailshaft , so I was unsure if the VSS on the tailshaft could provide the correct signal and /or if it was acceptable to use it for two inputs by piggybacking the signal.

I hope this all makes sense .

Thanks

TOM