Thread: Deleting from 7060 bamm bin

Fuel Injected!

Deleting from 7060 bamm bin

I have a 7060 pcm with bamm chip. I am going to use it as a stand alone 4l80 controller on a future project. I got all items for the swap from a 93 suburban I am scrapping. I want to turn off items not required for trans control. There seems to be many ways to put things out of perameters but was wondering if there is preferred methods or internet links to do so.
    thanks

Electronic Ignition!
    There is no need to turn off the unused controls if you are planning on using it for standalone control over 4l80e. This is assuming you are unplugging the unused things like injectors, IAC, etc ... I did a carb/hei swap on my truck so I simply unplugged the unneeded items and burned a chip (tuned) for the trans.

IIRC, the only thing the trans needs to operate is CTS, Tach, TPS and a way to feed it the vehicle speed. If you plan on doing this, make sure you feed the PCM a conditioned tach signal and NOT directly off the HEI distro. The HEI tach line is too noisy for the PCM and the trans won't shift properly. I'm assuming you'll be using an HEI distro as I don't think you'll have full control over the factory distro timing - when you'll only be hooking up the necessities to run the trans.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the info. I think I will try and use the computer ignition being as it is in the code. I recently installed a megasquirt controller for ignition only on a BB corvette with a large overlap cam and being able to make the curve anything you want really improved the idle and low speed running.

Fuel Injected!
    It may go that way someday but it is a completely stock appearing 84 vette with a BBC so space between engine and hood is at a premium so would need custom efi.