Thread: Need help finding some connector terminals

Need help finding some connector terminals

I have tried some google searching but I am not having any luck. I am looking for some terminals that go in the connectors for my headlights.
    I have upgraded the wiring for my headlights in my wrangler and added relays to power them instead of the switch. Well regular spade terminals (like you can get at the parts store) and that fit standard bosch relays are too small. I found some slightly larger terminals where I work, but they are too big and do not fit right and dont stay on good. What I would like to find are some terminals to fit the factory plastic connector that I can crimp on the wires. This would also give me a cleaner install. I have a weatherpack crimp tool and looking at the factory terminals, it looks like the same type of rolled crimp. I just need the terminals. The male ends on the headlights are just a hair over 1/4 inch wide.
    I grabbed a couple pigtails from the junkyard to get the plastic connector and to take some pics of the terminals:

I can find a replacement pigtail from dorman, but it already has wire on them, I dont need/want that. (dorman part number 85810 if anyone needs/wants it)
    So does anyone know of a source?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I found these possibilities at Mouser, searching 6.4mm (0.251") and 0.30" (7.62mm)

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...%2fnz793hIc%3d

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...79TLZtPfnEs%3d

Measurements are in the attached .pdf files.

Measure twice, order once.

I've reused connectors like your looking for by soldering wire to the old connector. (low cost option?)

dave w

I looked at those and they do not appear to have the retaining tab that keep them in the connector.
    That site is very confusing to me, not knowing much anything about terminals. But I think I may have found one that looks like it might work. It does show to have the retaining tab.
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...fOnb8LS0SSg%3d

Thoughts?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I looked at those and they do not appear to have the retaining tab that keep them in the connector.
    That site is very confusing to me, not knowing much anything about terminals. But I think I may have found one that looks like it might work. It does show to have the retaining tab.
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...fOnb8LS0SSg%3d

Thoughts?
    I noticed that terminal is available in .250", .312", and .375" size. The part number you provided is for.250". I wonder if you have .312"? http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...LwpTG8DcI%2fnV See attached .pdf

If your looking for a challenge, try finding the connectors and terminals for an LSx engine harness at Mouser.

dave w

Yea they might have a extremly large ammount of terminals, but their search feature seems rather user unfriendly unless you know exactly what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Yea they might have a extremly large ammount of terminals, but their search feature seems rather user unfriendly unless you know exactly what your looking for.
    Agreed!

I've learned a new connector / terminal type "Faston"

You might try calling MadElectrical, those look like the old style GM Packard terminals. I think they're type 56???
    The guy that I talked to was very helpful. Sounded like an older fella.
    68 Cadillac, 472 & TH400 w/7.4L TBI and EBL **sold**

93 K1500 short step, 5.7 & NV4500 and EBL

68 C10 LQ4/TKO swapped

I found a few that look simillar searching for those.
    I thinnk I'm just going to have to order a few different ones from a few different places and see if they work. Thankfully most all of them are pretty cheap. I think after christmas I will order some.