Thread: New Guy...

Carb and Points!

New Guy...

Hi, I am Juan New Guy. I just completed a 350 tbi to 454 vortec swap in my 1994 full-size Blazer and since my hands were already dirty, I went ahead and replaced the 4l60e with a 4l80e and since I had a 14 bolt SF I went ahead and replaced the 10 bolt rear end. Now for the black box....They told me that you might be able to help me fine tune it. Thanks!-Juan Mendoza.

The best way for us know what is happening with the current tune is share a TunerPro RT data log (.xdl file) with us.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    I still have the Black box and was wanting to know what tuner kit would work, Right now it still has the 1997 Suburban tune it it. Thanks!...It does Move that Blazer!

Well, I'm embarrassed

I did not catch on that you are using a "Black Box" Vortec PCM. TunerPro RT does not support the "Black Box" Vortec PCM.

I do not have any suggestions for a tuner kit for the "Black Box" Vortec PCM.

Last year, I helped with a 1999 Vortec 454 conversion into a 1994 K1500 / 4L60E. We used the original 1994 OBD1 TBI computer (with the MPFI upgrade) using a custom chip I programmed. The original TBI wiring harness was modified to work with the 1999 Vortec 454 engine.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    JEt DST and a used Tunercat OBD2 will tune the 96-97 Vortecs.

or upgrade to the 0411PCM(repin) and you can use those 2 suites as well as EFILive/HPTuners.

peace
    Hog

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post

or upgrade to the 0411PCM(repin) and you can use those 2 suites as well as EFILive/HPTuners.

peace
    Hog
    Those options (limited / expensive) for the 96 - 97 Vortec's were why I upgraded / modified the ODB1 TBI computer to Multi-Point Fuel Injection (MPFI) to operate the 8 injectors of the Vortec 454 like the older TPI computer operates 8 fuel injectors.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmend100 View Post
    Hi, I am Juan New Guy. I just completed a 350 tbi to 454 vortec swap in my 1994 full-size Blazer and since my hands were already dirty, I went ahead and replaced the 4l60e with a 4l80e and since I had a 14 bolt SF I went ahead and replaced the 10 bolt rear end. Now for the black box....They told me that you might be able to help me fine tune it. Thanks!-Juan Mendoza.

peace
    Hog

Carb and Points!
    I am thinking of the 0411 up grade. Right now I am looking for another 1997 vortec wiring harness so that I can take my time re-pinning the 0411.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmend100 View Post
    I am thinking of the 0411 up grade. Right now I am looking for another 1997 vortec wiring harness so that I can take my time re-pinning the 0411.
    There is a gentleman who has already put together the pinout swaps, the 1996/97/98's are all different.

His callsign is Lextech, he's on many forums including this one. His chart makes teh swap very easy.

Go to the memberlist, and send him a PM with your email, and he will send you the swap charts for your particular truck. He can also supply you with a411 already calibrated with a starter tune.
    Here is his Gearheads link.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...p?1348-Lextech

peace
    Hog

Carb and Points!
    Thanks Hog for that info, I already have the pinout from Lextech I didn't know that he has 0411 pcm with start tunes that would really make things easy.!