Thread: 1990 Corvette (Y Body) ADX File?

Electronic Ignition!

1990 Corvette (Y Body) ADX File?

I have a 1990 C4 (6-speed coupe, if it matters), ECM 1227727, and I'm trying to connect to the ECM with the ALDLDroid Android app via an ALDL Bluetooth connector. I've tried several different ADX files I've found online, but I have issues with each one. I try connecting both key on, engine off and with the engine running, yet I rarely can connect. I'm either getting incorrect checksum or incorrect response length errors.
    Every now and then I get lucky and connect, but more often than not I am not able to do so. Even when I connect, sometimes some of the sensor data displayed is incorrect by a large enough margin to indicate an error of some sort.
    I'm trying to narrow down the problem, but first I want to make sure I am using the proper ADX file. Does anyone have an ADX they know works with a 1227727 ECM in a '90 C4?

Administrator
    I can't help much with Tunerpro but I might suggest the issue is Y body specific. The 'Vette uses a "Central Control Module" that (IIRC) either needs to be given a command to stop chatter, or is the primary communication on the ALDL line. Software such as Datamaster has specific options for the CCM equipped vehicle.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I can't help much with Tunerpro but I might suggest the issue is Y body specific. The 'Vette uses a "Central Control Module" that (IIRC) either needs to be given a command to stap chatter, or is the primary communication on the ALDL line. Software such as Datamaster has specific options for the CCM equipped vehicle.
    Thanks. Do you think it would be feasible for me to find an ADX for a '90 TPI and then add in the code to silence CCM chatter? I've never done anything like this in regards to tuning, but I do have quite a bit of programming experience.

Administrator
    Possibly but I really can't speak about TP with any authority.

C4- Where is the ECM located on the 90, and what chip adapters are you using? My mom has a vert and I'm thinking of doing a few logs and a tune for one of her Christmas presents, but I'll need to order the parts to do it now. All I have is the G1 that works with later ECMs.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    C4- Where is the ECM located on the 90, and what chip adapters are you using? My mom has a vert and I'm thinking of doing a few logs and a tune for one of her Christmas presents, but I'll need to order the parts to do it now. All I have is the G1 that works with later ECMs.
    The ECM is located on the driver's side of the engine bay near the firewall. I'm not using a chip adapter (yet). I still have to order it along with Ostrich. According to my notes though, the G1 works.

Quote Originally Posted by C4ProjectCar View Post
    The ECM is located on the driver's side of the engine bay near the firewall. I'm not using a chip adapter (yet). I still have to order it along with Ostrich. According to my notes though, the G1 works.
    Ahhh I see. Thank you sir!
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac