Thread: Whatsup fellow monkies

Electronic Ignition!

Whatsup fellow monkies

Good evening all, I'm James I'm brand spanking new to forums and threads. I've read them in the past, but this is the first to register with.
    really don't know what to say here. I'm 27, I'm Just wrapping up a chevy project.
    About the truck:
    It was my old beater farm truck. originally 1992 chevy cheyenne with 4.11, 262 TBI, extended cab, 4x4. But i got it for free, so I decided to strip it all the way down, sand the frame and painted it with POR15 as well as wherever I could fit my brush. all brand new parts,ball joints, ujoints, brakes,ranchero struts, bushings, bearings, rims, tires. new 350 engine with thumpr cam that me and my buddy built ( too bad i forgot what cam we put in it) I was deployed overseas, and came back i couldnt remember.. darn. it originally had a 750 holley carb, but i kept the TBI and cpmputer from my other truck, 1992 GMC sierra SLE C1500 ( 2wd) TBI 350, stock.
    so 2 years later (one year deployed ) I'm finally putting the doors and hood back on. But I just ordered tuning supplies. Since everything is brand new still from the rebuild (only has roughly 40k miles on it, on the new valves, springs, etc. but the computer is trying to run thinking it has te stock cam in in, thus some figures need to be changed. or so is my thought process so far.
    which brings me up to where im at now, im just startng to figure out tuner pro, I've got the ALDL usb cable, the burner and chips are still on their way. I'm debating on getting an emulator but meh, I figure I can wait.
    ps i was in electronics n the military, so i have a pretty good handle when it comes to the technical stuff, but this is just another thing to relearn, translate,etc.
    So thats that, we'll see where things go from here. I look forward to posting new things, talking and hearing from people, learning, figurnig thigna out and getting to know everyone, so until than, toodles!! :)

I also acquired electronics training when I was in the military. Good stuff to know, looks good on a resume also!

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

I also acquired electronics training when I was in the military. Good stuff to know, looks good on a resume also!

dave w

Hell yea brotha. what kind of stuff? whatd you do?

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaJWC View Post
    Hell yea brotha. what kind of stuff? whatd you do?
    I was a radar technician for the Navy.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Very nice. I knew a guy that was a contractor when i was last overseas that was retired navy radar tech. we worked a lot together. I was general communications, you name it we installed it and broken, it didnt matter if it was navy, civiliain, marines, army we had to do it all. only a couple of units that did that. we were the bastard child, didnt fit in anywhere lol.

I've been out of the Navy since '91, many things have changed in years since then. Heck, my formal training included tubes ... not that I'm old or anything ... LOL

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Hahaha, tubes,now thats old school :) not that I'm saying your old either..