Thread: UGH....I wish had kept better notes.....

Fuel Injected!

UGH....I wish had kept better notes.....

So who wants to help?......(only if you want)

1st question. I have the O2 sensor in a bung just before the cat, which is about say 3 feet from a bung on the headers I have. This bung is factory from Edelbrock, which has a plug in it which can be removed. Should I move the oxygen sensor to that point? It is a heated sensor.

2nd question. Since the temps have dropped, and I work 3rd shift, my truck sits outside. If I were to wait until the truck is at normal temp, I'd be there for a while. Now I have to believe that the appropriate tables were written to compensate for spark advance and temps. I believe that it's the Coolant Comp table. I do recall adjusting this before, but is that the table I need to be looking at only?

3rd question. Something I have noticed before, but apparently did not address is the HotRST scaler. I ask about this due to something that I've just noticed. When I put the engine in park after driving home,or to work, the engine idles about 750 +- 25 rpm, but, if I restart the truck shortly after, it runs up to about 1100 RPM and doesn't drop until I put it into drive. TunerPro recognizes when in park or drive, so I assume that the switch is connected properly and is working. I see that the table apparently adds 30 steps. What is the purpose of adding steps when the engine is started close to or at operating temp?

I will post logs soon. Am now going to look and make sure that there are no cracked/broken vacuum lines.

It would help if you post details of the vehicle, and the ECM you are using.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It would help if you post details of the vehicle, and the ECM you are using.
    How did I forget that. .....

3.4l 60v6 stock bore and cam.
    1227747 ecm with modified ATKX bin.
    Edelbrock intake and long tube headers.
    700r4 auto.

Fuel Injected!
    post a data log and your bin file, did you work on your trans yet? gm didn't make a system like what you are working with so if it changed from earler in the year because of temp changes you may want to go back and compare an earler file to what you have now and see what you may haved changed .

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the bin and a log. The log is from a drive home from work in the morning with ambient temp about 46 degrees at about 2800 feet. This log is called 111914home.

Watching the monitors and specifically the TPS voltage, I wonder if there is something going on there. Looking at times:

10:40, 12:50, 15:50 - 16:25, and 17:15

Now, later that afternoon, I went to see a friend of mine and logged the drive back. Mainly to see a log with data driving through a construction zone. That would be the area where there is 25-35 mph driving. That log started at an altitude of about 3300 feet and temps about 70. That log is called "fromeds". I see a difference in the blm's from that log to the drive home from work log.

No mechanical or electrical changes made between the two logs.

Thoughts?

As asked in the 1st post, would the O2 sensor be better off closer to the heads than down by the cat?

Fuel Injected!
    I didn't see any thing bad going on but I don't have a sharp eye as most. it looked like the o2 quit heating before you went into close loop but that may be a glitch. mine done that and my relay connector was loose. I change some things in you bin if you get time you might try it and see if it helps the idling come down faster. 1 thing I did see that would help milage is to lean out the open loop afr vrs coolent temp, after you do you may have to retune ve 1 a little.
    Last edited by ony; 11-25-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    Hey ony, I will try this one out and see how it runs.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    I didn't see any thing bad going on but I don't have a sharp eye as most. it looked like the o2 quit heating before you went into close loop but that may be a glitch. mine done that and my relay connector was loose. I change some things in you bin if you get time you might try it and see if it helps the idling come down faster. 1 thing I did see that would help milage is to lean out the open loop afr vrs coolent temp, after you do you may have to retune ve 1 a little.
    Hey ony,

Will post the logs for that tune later this afternoon, but yeah, looks like some retuning the ve1 will be needed.

Biggest issue right now, and it's been an issue with the other tunes so far, is how crappy the engine runs until it gets to operating temp. I'd love to be able to get in and go with assuming I wait a minute or two before I drop it into gear.

Fuel Injected!
    I will post a bin you might copy the coolent comp spark and the afr vs coolent temp by comparing them in tuner pro. you might beable to lean the af vs coolent temp out some more than what is in this bin.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Hey ony, here are some various logs using the bin you modded:

1201wa.xdl is from this morning. This area I am concerned with because I really don't want to have to sit and wait for operating temp before I can drive, so this begs the question of what needs to be adjusted for lower coolant temps that won't affect normal operating temps.

1201home.xdl is the other part from this morning that was started immediately after 1201wa.

1130work is the drive to work last night.

toeds.xdl is the 1st log with that bin. (note this is to a higher elevation, from 3000' to about 3400')

fromeds.xdl is the second.