Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to tuning could use some advice ,1993 c1500 350 4l60e

Fuel Injected!

New to tuning could use some advice ,1993 c1500 350 4l60e

First off thanks ahead of time for any help.IM new to tuning and this site too .My Name is Steve From Ohio
    Im new to tuning and im having a rough time getting it dialed in .

The truck is a 1993 Chevy 1500 350 TBI 4l60e
    ItS BDJY $e6

It has ultimate TBi and 18 psi fpr spring with stock fp .Open element air cleaner
    Shorty headers
    No CAT
    Single plane pc vortec intake with tbi adapter plate .
    Vortec 062 heads with zz4 springs and retainers
    Flomaster 2-1/2 single muffler with turndown at axle .
    The pe was inactive on dash so I tried the thread in here but I set it back to 60% tps

Its very rich all over the place , I tried raising the inj flo to 72 at 18psi it should attain with the new fp I have to install and it idled a bit better .

Heres my first real data log any suggestions / help would be sooo appreciated .

Attached are a couple screen shots of what I'm seeing with the 4 data log.xdl

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Dave W what would be proper adjustment to correct that ?My Knock retard is horrible too not sure where to try to combat it ?

I did get a slightly better log below .

I use an Excel spreadsheet similar to the one attached.

Steps to using the Excel spreadsheet:
    Export data log as a .csv file.
    Open .csv file, then copy contents of .csv file.
    Open spreadsheet, then paste the contents of the .csv file into the "Insert Datalog" sheet.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet are several other sheets, click on each of the sheets to see the data to make corrections.

The spreadsheet is an AWESOME TOOL! Processing the data log used to take an hour or more! With the spreadsheet the data log is processed in a few minutes. Learning EXCEL might be challenging for you? Maybe you do not have Excel on you PC? I can post an Open Office version of the Excel spreadsheet if you need?

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 11-13-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I use an Excel spreadsheet similar to the one attached.

Steps to using the Excel spreadsheet:
    Export data log as a .csv file.
    Open .csv file, then copy contents of .csv file.
    Open spreadsheet, then paste the contents of the .csv file into the "Insert Datalog" sheet.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet are several other sheets, click on each of the sheets to see the data to make corrections.

The spreadsheet is an AWESOME TOOL! Processing the data log used to take an hour or more! With the spreadsheet the data log is processed in a few minutes. Learning EXCEL might be challenging for you? Maybe you do not have Excel on you PC? I can post an Open Office version of the Excel spreadsheet if you need?

dave w
    If you could do that it would be awesome ! I'll try to do a crash course excell course in meantime , thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by zuk1972 View Post
    If you could do that it would be awesome ! I'll try to do a crash course excell course in meantime , thanks so much
    Link to Open Office website (free software): https://www.openoffice.org/

Attached is a sample .ods file.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Link to Open Office website (free software): https://www.openoffice.org/

Attached is a sample .ods file.

dave w
    When I try to open file it automatically opens in excel and I can't find a datalog page to add to

When I try to open file it automatically opens in excel and I can't find a datalog page to add to
    So you must already have Excel on your PC?

If you have Excel on your PC, you do not need the Open Office .ods file.

You will need to export the data log from TunerPro RT into a .csv file, then copy paste the contents of the .csv file into the "Insert Datalog" sheet of the Excel file. Do you know how to export the data log file from TunerPro RT?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    So you must already have Excel on your PC?

If you have Excel on your PC, you do not need the Open Office .ods file.

You will need to export the data log from TunerPro RT into a .csv file, then copy paste the contents of the .csv file into the "Insert Datalog" sheet of the Excel file. Do you know how to export the data log file from TunerPro RT?

dave w
    yes I had excell allready and didn't realize it . So I exported from tp5 to csv file but when I open it to copy paste it's allready on a excell sheet . Do I copy paste the shortcut into a file or the opened file ? I never seen a insert datalog on excell either . Thanks so much for your patience I really do appreciate this

Can you post the .csv file you exported from TunerPro RT?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Not sure if this is correct .that free excel had a virus that came thru I believe im going to have to reformat and start over with tuner pro with clean wipe of my laptop now .

Not sure if this is correct .that free excel had a virus that came thru I believe im going to have to reformat and start over with tuner pro with clean wipe of my laptop now .
    I don't know how a virus got attached?

I'll take a look tomorrow.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    When I tried to save as and use your ve spreadsheet is says unvalid file type in excel .
    When I opened my csv file to copy /paste its in an excel file already .where do I go from there meaning where is the insert datalog sheet at in excel?, or in tunerpro ?

For the time being, let's not Use or Talk about Open Office. Downloading Open Office might be a virus source? There are several links to download Open Office, which might have fine print in the downloading instruction to prevent unwanted toolbars from being installed. Maybe a good plan going forward is to uninstall Open Office?

Excel Is Not easy to use! Several years ago I paid for a few Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) classes at a local Community College, money well spent!

Attached are some tutorial screen shots.

What I do is open both the .csv file and open the Excel spreadsheet. I copy all the data log information from the .csv file, then paste the data log information into the Excel spreadsheet. At the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet are several tabs. One of the tabs is Insert Data log, which is where I paste the data log information from the .csv file. After pasting the .csv information, the Excel spreadsheet will "process" the data log and populate the other bottom tabs with information.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    For the time being, let's not Use or Talk about Open Office. Downloading Open Office might be a virus source? There are several links to download Open Office, which might have fine print in the downloading instruction to prevent unwanted toolbars from being installed. Maybe a good plan going forward is to uninstall Open Office?

Excel Is Not easy to use! Several years ago I paid for a few Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) classes at a local Community College, money well spent!

Attached are some tutorial screen shots.

What I do is open both the .csv file and open the Excel spreadsheet. I copy all the data log information from the .csv file, then paste the data log information into the Excel spreadsheet. At the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet are several tabs. One of the tabs is Insert Data log, which is where I paste the data log information from the .csv file. After pasting the .csv information, the Excel spreadsheet will "process" the data log and populate the other bottom tabs with information.

dave w
    This is all I could get with ve correcter to load to exel
    Attachment 8106