Wow. That's a helluva find. What is the lowest numerical ratio available for the 14 bolt? I'd be looking to gear that thing for 1500 RPM on the highway. Maybe it's time to step up to a 6L90E to gain the extra gear reduction?
Code:
Gear  6L90 Ratio          4L80 Ratio
1          4.027              2.48
2          2.364              1.48
3          1.532              1.00
4          1.152              0.75
5          0.852
6          0.667
R          3.064              2.07
2nd compressor is usually aftermarket and can be removed. We have several buses with dual A/C (but nothing with 8.1). All sorts of mischief with dual a/c systems, like belt only available from A/C company at $100 each, and modified belt routing, and idler pulleys not available from anyone. Carier was big designer of systems for years but has now been bought and name changed to MCC. From my vantage they don't have anywhere near the parts or support network anymore. Other players stepping up and trying to fill voids but parts fitment and application is still a challenge. I've got a 250A, $1000 alternator here that was designed to work with a dual a/c and custom alternator bracket on a Ford. It doesn't fit anything else but I'm surely not throwing it away after spending that much $$ on it. I'll fabricate a bracket for something.