I also picked up a donor with a rust free and straight chassis. My Express was hit in the passenger front wheel and repaired at a young age. The frame was tweaked and stretched but it has never been right. I noticed a while back I could fit my thumb between the right front body bushing and the body!!! 303K on it runs and drives. 5.7/4L80E/3.73 GM 10.5 FF 14-bolt for $1000 with clean Texas title. The 5.7 is claimed to have about 100k on it, the 4L80E was allegidly rebuilt about 40K ago and shifts solid. I plan to hold onto it as a spare but sell the engine and all accessories and scrap the body. I plan to send the chassis to the powder coater and have it blasted and coated. I am really suprised how well it runs. It still has a completely bone stock exhaust system on it even. Nice mandrel bent dual 3" pipe to the muffler setup with the massive 1-ton cats and the weird resonator on the passenger side bank mounted before the cat.

The body and interior is trashed but I am honestly only after the chassis which is in great shape. I also noticed 1-ton vans have a factory body lift in the body mount/bushings.