Thread: howdy! new to site...

Carb and Points!

howdy! new to site...

Hey gang!

Well, new to the site...thanks for having me.

I've just picked myself up a 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer -- with the 360 motor in it. Because I'm turing it into a family wheeling machine -- of which we do at least one annual trip to Moab, Utah every year -- I'm looking to do some sort of TBI or EFI conversion on the 360 motor.

I have a '93 Jeep YJ wrangler that I swapped a SBC 350 into -- and after running a carb for awhile, I did a TBI swap from a 1991 suburban onto it...and it's been great. I'm looking to do something similar to the 360 motor -- but this 360 motor is completely unfamiliar to me. First I've ever had.

Any suggestions and/or points to threads that cover this specifically would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Cheers!

Mike

Won't be to hard, it's basically using the TBI parts you have on theSBC 350 on the 360 and chip to match. Start a thread and tackle each senser and wire one by one!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

Won't be to hard, it's basically using the TBI parts you have on theSBC 350 on the 360 and chip to match. Start a thread and tackle each senser and wire one by one!

So I should work on getting another TBI setup and parts like I did on my last? I'm basically able to duplicate what I did before? -- with the exception of getting a chip thats formulated for the 360 motor and placing it into the CPU for the 350?

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    So I should work on getting another TBI setup and parts like I did on my last? I'm basically able to duplicate what I did before? -- with the exception of getting a chip thats formulated for the 360 motor and placing it into the CPU for the 350?
    Yup! Little more work getting some things like Ignition done but been done before and no big deal. If you don't get into the tuning end and need a chip? I'm one of a couple guys here that not only help with everything we do custom chips per application.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yup! Little more work getting some things like Ignition done but been done before and no big deal. If you don't get into the tuning end and need a chip? I'm one of a couple guys here that not only help with everything we do custom chips per application.
    excellent - well then i'll probably be calling up on you for that. apparently need to find myself a TBI unit, wiring harness and computer then! Is there simply an adapter plate for the 350 TBI unit to fit onto the 360? All things being stock and the same...what is the minimum that should be done...just the wiring harness, computer and TBI unit? Everything else should play nice enough together?