Thread: New to site and efi

Fuel Injected!

New to site and efi

Hello all & thanks for the add. My name is Frank. I'm from southern ohio( bout as far south as you can go without hittin water)My current project is a 72 k5 blazer. I plan on swapping from carb to tbi.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Dave. I just hope I don't sound too ignorant lol. My tbi swap consists of a setup out of a 94 c1500 350/4l60 e ecm 7427 & harness. I want to install this set up in my 72 k5 350/5 spd. What problems will I run into? I had a Holley projection(analog) setup on my old 69 c10 a couple years back,it was a definate improvement over the quadrajet, but had its problems also. I could never get it tuned quite right, but like I said it was still an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ta2ed View Post
    Thanks Dave. I just hope I don't sound too ignorant lol. My tbi swap consists of a setup out of a 94 c1500 350/4l60 e ecm 7427 & harness. I want to install this set up in my 72 k5 350/5 spd. What problems will I run into? I had a Holley projection(analog) setup on my old 69 c10 a couple years back,it was a definate improvement over the quadrajet, but had its problems also. I could never get it tuned quite right, but like I said it was still an improvement.
    The '7427 TBI computer is an excellent computer! I strongly recommend using a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) with the '7427! The original equipment 94 C1500 used a Digital Ration Adapter Controller (DRAC) or sometimes called a Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer (VSSB) with a 40 pulses per drive shaft revolution VSS. The '7427 can be re-wired to accept a 2000 pulses per mile speedometer driven VSS, which will reduce cost and save some headaches.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, I have a few questions....quite a few actually and am not sure where to go or who to ask. I need to know what all wires I can cut out of the harness. Also how or will the automatic trans control in the ecm affect the engine function or is it able to be deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by ta2ed View Post
    Ok, I have a few questions....quite a few actually and am not sure where to go or who to ask. I need to know what all wires I can cut out of the harness. Also how or will the automatic trans control in the ecm affect the engine function or is it able to be deleted?
    I apologize in advance for using Acronyms, you will need the following wires:
    TPS
    IAC
    CTS
    ESC
    EST
    KNK
    INJ
    VSS
    MAP
    Fuel Pump Control
    ALDL
    SES

Lots of information, including wiring diagrams on this link: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

Program the PROM for manual transmission if you plan on using TH350 / TH400.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thank Dave!
    i will be using a manual 5speed trans. So will not need the trans controls, next question... How do I go about getting prom programmed for manual trans? I am totally lost in that area. Also the other problem I am having is on the pinouts, everything I find is showing the red connector as a & b 1 through 16, which I get, but on blue connector all I find is pin 1-32. Am I looking at the wrong thing or.......? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your patience, it's really appreciated!!!

The secondary locks (Blue / Gray things inserted into the blue / red connectors) need to be removed from both Red and Blue connectors to see the correct letters on the connectors. The letters on the secondary locks are not correct.

I use TunerPro RT, a Moates.net Burn 2 and a Moates.net G1 adapter board to program / replace the PROM on a '7427 computer.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the info on the connectors. Now on the eprom is there someone that reprograms these? I am lost when it comes to computer programming, my computer skills are basically non existent.
    Thanks again
    Frank

Hi Frank,
    There are several members, including myself, that can help with custom programmed PROM chip. We have a Buy - Sell - Trade - Wanted section http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...l-Trade-Wanted You can send a Private Message (PM) to a member directly about helping you with a PROM Chip, or post in the Wanted section.

In general, there are two types of PROM Chips, Tuned or Modified with varying prices. A tuned chip is recommended for a modified engine. A tuned chip modifies the fuel and spark tables to achieve the best possible performance using data logs. A modified chip is basically a stock chip (stock fuel and spark tables) with modifications to parameters to work in a reto-fit applications like yours. The modified chip usually removes emissions, sets up transmission type (4L80E / 4L60E / TH350 / TH700R4 / TH400 / Manual ) and other parameters for a retro-fit application.

dave w