Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1991 Chevy C/K wiring diagrams?

Fuel Injected!
    This is WAY off topic I guess... I am in need of a wiring diagram for a 94 Suburban/ full size blazer - that includes the rear lift-gate latch release circuit. Sorry it is non-EFI... if anyone feels like helping- I'd appreciate it.

Does this help?

BLG
    My Build: 95 K1500, 355ci w/ OEM roller setup - zero decked, Eagle steel crank, Scat bushed H-beam rods, Speed Pro 2V flat top pistons - Rotating assembly balanced. Dart 165cc Iron Eagle S/S heads - 72cc chambers - 1.94 / 1.50 valves. Isky roller cam - 204/209 dur @ .050 - .480/.496 lift with Comp Magnum 1.6 rockers, Edelbrock 3704 intake - Bored to 52mm - 454 throttle body, Delco EP381 fuel pump @ 18 psi running through 80# 454 injectors. Hedman Headers into 3" Dynomax exhaust.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLG355 View Post
    Does this help?

BLG

YES! I think that second one will do it. Will find out more tonight. THANK YOU!!! MUCH appreciated!!! BTW- I guess PRODEMAND is some sort of subscription service?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinvinv View Post
    YES! I think that second one will do it. Will find out more tonight. THANK YOU!!! MUCH appreciated!!! BTW- I guess PRODEMAND is some sort of subscription service?
    Yeah, we have it at work. We don't get into too much light duty repairs but when we do, it is great to have something like this.

BLG
    My Build: 95 K1500, 355ci w/ OEM roller setup - zero decked, Eagle steel crank, Scat bushed H-beam rods, Speed Pro 2V flat top pistons - Rotating assembly balanced. Dart 165cc Iron Eagle S/S heads - 72cc chambers - 1.94 / 1.50 valves. Isky roller cam - 204/209 dur @ .050 - .480/.496 lift with Comp Magnum 1.6 rockers, Edelbrock 3704 intake - Bored to 52mm - 454 throttle body, Delco EP381 fuel pump @ 18 psi running through 80# 454 injectors. Hedman Headers into 3" Dynomax exhaust.

Electronic Ignition!
    I took out the diode box for the RWAL, no ABS on a 1982 truck. But what do I do with the purple wire to the transmission?

Administrator
    The stop light switch provides power to the TCC solenoid and other circuits through the diode module when the brakes are not applied. The diode module splits the power into an ABS module signal, a signal to the electrically engaged front axle, and the TCC solenoid power signal. If you have the correct type brake switch you can connect the wire from the switch to the ppl trans wire. If you don't have a brake switch for TCC you can change it or use a relay to shut TCC power off when the brakes are applied.

Electronic Ignition!
    I got a dual brake switch from a Camaro. Connect the purple wire to +12V through the normally closed contacts on the brake switch and that's all that's needed for that?

Does the TCC work when the shifter is in 3rd? The truck will be used for some heavy hauling where overdrive may not be usable. Mileage will suck with the 4:56 final drive ratio but having TCC engaged should make it better in 3rd than it was with the TH 400 that had no TCC.

Administrator
    Purple wire through NC contacts to +12, yes.

TCC programming for trucks should allow lockup in manual 3rd. Operating without TCC increases heat generated and often results in failed trans. GM says "No-No" to towing or carrying very heavy loads in 4th/OD. 700 family trans is designed to allow engine / trans decouple when coasting and shifter is in OD to improve mileage. Feature not available in manual 3rd. When heading down mild hills and towing I often upshift to OD. Use best judgement. Engine braking is your friend with heavy loads.

You may see better mileage but depending on how carb was tuned, maybe not so much improvement. Carbs could be set up to run lean. OEM EFI wants to run at 14.7:1. Some tuning may be required. Nothing to worry about right now though.

Electronic Ignition!
    The original 350 engine for a 1982 GMC C3500 was rated at 165 HP. The Mexican built crate engine I took out was supposedly built for 250 HP but I doubt it was making that with the 1982 2V carb, intake and exhaust manifolds. The 1991 C3500 TBI 350 should be rated for 220 HP. I'm using the 1982 exhaust manifolds so I won't have to do a big rework on the exhaust. They don't look any more or less restrictive than the 1991 manifolds.

What will really make the MPG is the overdrive dropping the final ratio to 3.17 from 4.56. I dunno if it would be a good idea to hack it for the Highway Lean Cruise. If it's possible to rig up a switch to turn that on and off, it might save some gas when running without a load on the bed.

I thought about doing a top end swap onto the old engine (didn't know then what it was) but its rear seal was leaking like all 2 piece ones do (and leaks everywhere else the olde style 350's do) and it'd have to come out anyway. The 1991 engine has a new Eagle cast steel crank, King bearings and Sealed Power rings.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    When that body style truck was equipped with EFI the harness was routed through the firewall just above and to the passenger side of the distributor using a rubber grommet. If you have a harness from the older square body truck there are very few connections with the main harness.

In the next generation trucks the harness is routed under the heater box on the passenger side. There is no connector where the harness passes through the firewall. Instead, there's a plastic "pass through" interface which is filled with sealant (ugly stuff to cut or remove) and bolted to the firewall. Some years have a narrow, rectangular pass through connector and some (I believe the later years) use a larger squared part.

If you are looking for diagrams for C100, the bulkhead connector on the driver's firewall, I can obtain them. It helps to know truck model the harness came from (C/K 1500/2500/3500).
    Hi, im from spain. i have a big problem since an american car in europe its an import hard to find parts and not much people knows how to fix them. I have a 89 C1500 stepside single cab 5.7 tbi. i bought about 1.5 year. engine start smoking so i take apart but at the end engine and accessories where in bad condition so i found a really nice 92 blazer k15 at a yunkyard. I've bought the engine complete with wire harness and dash harness including gauges.(unfortunately somebody cut the bulkhead connector the one that came from engine) what I did.... cut the c100 connector on 89 wire harness and weld on blazer engine harness. since i have no information what i did was copy blazer bulkhead in cab pinout and weld on engine side by same color . after weld i try to fire up but nothing came so I've check and found the fuel pump doesn't work so i make it run straight to a positive and the truck fire up perfect but nothing electric work like gauges lights a/c radio nothing. i was looking for a bulkhead pinout for 89 c1500 and 92 k15 blazer but i cant get any info. i really will appreciate if can get some help... thank you in advance. Gonzalo

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    When that body style truck was equipped with EFI the harness was routed through the firewall just above and to the passenger side of the distributor using a rubber grommet. If you have a harness from the older square body truck there are very few connections with the main harness.

In the next generation trucks the harness is routed under the heater box on the passenger side. There is no connector where the harness passes through the firewall. Instead, there's a plastic "pass through" interface which is filled with sealant (ugly stuff to cut or remove) and bolted to the firewall. Some years have a narrow, rectangular pass through connector and some (I believe the later years) use a larger squared part.

If you are looking for diagrams for C100, the bulkhead connector on the driver's firewall, I can obtain them. It helps to know truck model the harness came from (C/K 1500/2500/3500).
    I am in NEED of the C100 bulkhead connector for an 1987 G20 tbi engine.
    Do The ones you get come with labeled leads?
    Thanks
    David