Thread: Hello

Carb and Points!

Hello

hello guys and gals im new and I have decided to do a project that a lot of people like but at the same time a lot of people don't like but my project is a 260z with a chevy v8 conversion. it will have fuel injection and a 5 speed manual transmission I know this will be a long and pains taking project but im up for the task. I got the motor and trans out of a 98 chevy sportside k truck, im also taking the ECM, wiring harness from the engine compartment as well as the cab the only issue is I want to use my stock gauges that are in the cari was informed to scavage any and all parts that I may need to use to do the conversion. the engine is a 5.7L vortekbacked by a 5 speed manual I know the tranny will need to be torn completely down do to it being a 4x4 and a new tail shaft and housing replaced but my main concern is the wiring of everything what needs to stay and what can be scraped. thank you and looking forward to any and all advice that you guys have

Carb and Points!
    Hi Dave
    Im a newbee too joined yesterday Just wanted to say Hi and I will be watching to see if any or all info you get can help me . You might have to use a shoe horn to get a small block into that Z lol.
    Dan

Start a thread for your build and we'll all give a hand

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Welcome! I've got a TBI 350 in my 280Z and I love it. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Carb and Points!
    actually I do have a question what transmission did you use for the conversion I have a nv3500 5 speed tranny and how much modifications will I have to do