Thread: 16149396 ECM Information $DF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    the 9396 is a 1227727 with an extra 2KB of RAM mapped from $1800-$1FFF. factory calibrations that use this PCM use the extra RAM almost entirely for stack purposes.

in non-modified form, there are:
    16 A/D channels, 8 of which can be used for temperature type sensors (meaning 2 wire, fed 5V from the ECM, essentially rheostats).
    14 discrete inputs (switches, basically), 11 of which are powered by the ECM and switch to ground.
    14 outputs, 6 of which are PWM (8 or 10 bit, can't remember which are which off-hand)
    1 injector driver, which controls 2 pins. can handle at least 8 high impedance injectors safely.
    1 frequency based input(for MAF/VATS)
    SHOULD be capable of directly using an optical VSS if necessary, magnetics used in all factory applications.

if need be, modification can be done to include a few missing ICs to add in a second injector driver, a second reference interrupt(cam sensor), another discrete output, U11 looks to be a second narrowband O2 sensor amplifier, up to 8 more discrete inputs and A/D circuits can be changed from 2 wire types to 3 wire types or vice-versa.

overall, if you were to start a custom mask/OS, like i have, using a P4 ECM, this is the one i would choose due to it's significant number of options, along with the fact that it is VERY well documented. currently, i'm testing another hardware mod to test the PCMs capability to use a 64KB BIN. the EEs who designed this board must have been told to make it VERY difficult to allow a 64KB BIN to be used, since i had to come up with some clever ways of bypassing the +5V applied to the highest address pin(by 3 different copper trace layers) that would make 64KB BINs impossible.
    Last edited by RobertISaar; 03-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E