Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, searching for info regarding the GM TBI from a 4.3 V6. I have an AMC Eagle that is my daily driver and I've wanted to fuel inject it for the longest time. I initially looked into the Mopar/Jeep fuel injection, but it's a lot of extra work and way more expensive for the kit. I couldn't justify the cost in fuel savings and I can't have too much down time for installation.

I have a junkyard wiring harness, tbi, air cleaner, and two computers from an early 90's Chevy Astro van. I was thinking of doing an entire junkyard install, but I have some questions I was hoping some of you might be able to answer.

My biggest question is about spark control or a "fuel only" conversion. The car has a Duraspark distributor that could be wired up with an 8-pin GM ignition module, but if it's viable I would prefer to have fuel control only (at least at first). Can a "fuel only" conversion be done using an unmodified, stock computer so I can continue using my MSD CDI ignition? Will it run reasonably well without spark control? I do not have access to chip burning hardware, nor do I have the expenses to spare. I'd like to be able to plug and play if a computer were to die on me for some reason.

Also, the Astro van my junkyard parts came from had trans control wiring. Will that pose a problem, or can the wires just be removed?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!