Thread: 16197427 ECU -- BJYL chip (which adx & xdf should I use)

Fuel Injected!

16197427 ECU -- BJYL Bucking while Driving and ??

A friend of mine is having troubles with his 16197427 - BJYL in his suburban so I'm going to head over to his house Monday to do some logging and wanted to make sure I have the right adx file before I get there.

I'm using tuner pro and a apu1
    Last edited by MxRace75; 10-14-2014 at 10:03 PM.

79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    I Took some data driving around to see if I can figure out this bucking problem.

Is there any reason vehicle speed wouldn't come across in the data ?? It just stays 0.

The truck is an 95 suburban with a 4L60E trans
    Ill post up the data here in a little bit to see if maybe you guys can help me figure out this bucking issue. I'm thinking it has to be more electrical then fuel related.

thanks for any help
    Rich

Fuel Injected!
    I attached a couple of quick data files to show the bucking (when the map, spark advance, and rpm oscilate for a short period of time)

I know the truck has a small exhaust leak which is probably leading to O2 errors and that is being fixed.

Even with the O2 unplugged (Open Loop) it still does this bucking. I can even get it to do it in park with just light throttle.

I'm leaning towards it being an ignition based problem over a fuel problem but I'm still new to this..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rich

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by MxRace75 View Post
    I attached a couple of quick data files to show the bucking (when the map, spark advance, and rpm oscilate for a short period of time)

I know the truck has a small exhaust leak which is probably leading to O2 errors and that is being fixed.

Even with the O2 unplugged (Open Loop) it still does this bucking. I can even get it to do it in park with just light throttle.

I'm leaning towards it being an ignition based problem over a fuel problem but I'm still new to this..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rich
    I am going to say it is an EGR problem.

Fuel Injected!
    He's gonna bring it to my house so I can have more time with it. Does any one have a idea why I'm not seeing mph in the data stream?? Reads 0