Thread: Getting aquainted!

Carb and Points!

Getting aquainted!

New here but liked what I was reading about TBI system swaps so I joined. Looks like a whole lot of other information available too.
    At present I was refreshing my memory on system function because I have several swaps in mind. The most immediate will be replacing a tired 454 in an 87 Chevy 1 ton with a warmed up Cadillac 500 and adapting the TBI to that motor. The others are not so straight forward and are taking some time to sort out, like swapping a Vortec 350 into a 86 Chevy 1/2 ton and adding fuel injection to a 258 engine in a CJ5. All in all a lot of fun to have.
    Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    to the forum. Sounds like you have lots of fun in store lol. They all sound like pretty straight forward swaps aside from the CJ5. Which shouldnt be too awful bad if you do your homework, mostly the ignition side. You will want to use the ignition control of the ecm for ease of use and driveability. The vortec depends on if you want to use the vortec pcm mpfi or convert it to a throttle body injection and use an earlier(cheaper to tune) ecm/pcm.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the welcome. I am still up in the air about the vortec. It depends on how much time I can devote to it as to which way I go.

Troublesome1

Welcome
    I've got a mildly cammed Caddy 472 with 454 TBI unit. Runs nice. You will like the torque. If you have any questions, PM me or post in the GM section.
    68 Cadillac, 472 & TH400 w/7.4L TBI and EBL **sold**

93 K1500 short step, 5.7 & NV4500 and EBL

68 C10 LQ4/TKO swapped