Thread: Somewhat of a problem connecting to my truck.

Fuel Injected!

Somewhat of a problem connecting to my truck.

Hello, so I have tuner pro open and i can read the computer 1227747 but every few seconds where it shows connected in blue it turns red and says connection error. I will stop getting data for a second then all is good again for another few seconds. What could be causing this. I have my adapter soldered right to the wires (ground and output aka pin a and e) that connect to the computer. Also every once in a while the voltage will just randomly drop down to 7 volts and the blm will also fall. Do you think this is an alternator problem? And last why is tuner pro displaying timing as 00.00. I want to see what the computer sees as far as timing. Thanks everybody

Fuel Injected!
    i tried looking online but could not find anything. i want to confirm that the ecm will show the timing values in tuner pro when data logging.

Fuel Injected!
    Do you notice a difference in engine performance when this happens?
    I had something similar happen and it was the memcal that fit loose so it would wiggle a bit and cause the lhm to turn on for a split second

A 7747 ECM has a 160 baud communication rate. It is over one second between updates.Tuner pro will show timing in the datastream but will only show data at a little over 1 second intervals

Fuel Injected!
    i do not notice any difference in how the engine is running. I just confirmed the the ecm shows timing at 0.00 when i look at my data log. The memcal is snug. Where does the ecm read the voltage from? Is reading the alternator output? I think this truck has a lot more power to be had. I have to shift into second going up hills and it stumbles every time i take off from a stop. I need to see where the timing is when these things are happening. Where does the ecm read the timing from?
    Last edited by joegreen; 10-11-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Have you applied the patch to the bin to show spark advance in the datastream? If not, spark advance will not show on the dash in tunerpro or in the log. The patch replaces the O2 crosscounts with the spark advance. Considering all of the things you see with the data such as voltage dropping etc, you may be getting noise into the wiring harness from plug wires etc. Make sure your plug wires are as far away from the ecm harness as you can get them. If a plug wire has to cross the harness, make sure it crosses at a 90 deg angle to minimize coupling of interference. take a voltmeter and connect to the battery or ignition switch and have someone drive. Watch the meter for fluctuations. I think you are getting bad data and if the ecm is seeing this interference, it will drive it nuts.

HTH
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    where do i find the patch and how do i apply the patch. i am very excited if the patch is the problem.

Fuel Injected!
    it is in the tuner pro 9.3xdf when you open or show paremter tree when you push view.

Here is a screenshot of the TunerPro parameters.. Patch your bin with the patch and burn the bin to your chip. You will then have spark advance in the datastream
    .Attachment 7942

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks guys i found it now i have to test it out. I was using the 4vt xdf because it said to use that with a th400. Im not really up on this stuff but is it ok to use the 9.3 xdf instead of the 4vt xdf with a th400

It will be no problem at all to use that xdf.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks

Fuel Injected!
    Check Grounds with volt meter on v/dc should be no more then 0.03 less is better.

Fuel Injected!
    ok i will do that