Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1st noob log. 95 Gmc

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by uhlhazard View Post
    Running the first one it says you are sustaining 116mph and in 65th gear. What xdf are you using?
    Advanced $0D.xdf
    From the tunerpro download page

Fuel Injected!
    Alright, so I went to the tunerpro download page and I don't see any $0d listed for a van only $0e.

I just copied/pasted what matched your ecu under $0d. They don't say it's for a van but I'll try those and see if it works.

Fuel Injected!
    HA! Got it working, I needed the correct ADX file. Alright lets see what I can find!

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the xdf I use for $OD. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...7&d=1361028399 It works fine without any bugs that I have come across.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Your O2 seems like it doesn't work at all staying around 500mv fir the first 3/4 of the drive2.xdl The cross counts are very low, iirc they should be 128 or so The knock counts of 309 is strange too. First thing I'd check is KOEO watch your datalogger and go from 0-100% throttle and make sure the sweep is correct. There shouldn't be ANY deviation. IF that works after 3-4 tries you can isolate out the tps sensor.

What is the history of this vehicle? That is just a lot of codes for having multiple failures. It has to be some electrical gremlin somewhere.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by uhlhazard View Post
    Your O2 seems like it doesn't work at all staying around 500mv fir the first 3/4 of the drive2.xdl The cross counts are very low, iirc they should be 128 or so The knock counts of 309 is strange too. First thing I'd check is KOEO watch your datalogger and go from 0-100% throttle and make sure the sweep is correct. There shouldn't be ANY deviation. IF that works after 3-4 tries you can isolate out the tps sensor.

What is the history of this vehicle? That is just a lot of codes for having multiple failures. It has to be some electrical gremlin somewhere.
    The history of the van is unknown.
    The van is a conversion from a vender and sold new. There was a non functional alarm system tied into the starting system and maybe more.

I replaced the egr with a Negative pressure egr and I Installed a non heated universal O2 sensor from Autozone, I am going to re-install the heated unit and see if acts different on the log.

I have checked the TPS with the volt meter and while hooked up to Tunerpro5 and the sweeps look smooth to me.

"First thing I'd check is KOEO watch your datalogger and go from 0-100% throttle and make sure the sweep is correct." Please explain KOEO

To update this thread I will need to check my grounds and check the voltages at the sensors. I should re-install the heated O2 sensor too and re-log.
    Last edited by vandura95; 10-08-2014 at 01:53 AM. Reason: text

Fuel Injected!
    They switched to heated o2 sensors because of how long certain setups' can take to get warm. An o2 sensor is useless until it gets to a certain temperature. The longer it is too cold the worse your emissions/fuel economy are. Also don't run a bosch o2 sensor. Hit a JY if you have to or rockauto.com for an acdelco o2 sensor. ebay isn't bad either.

I'm not familiar with egr's unless they are the electronic linear version the 4.3 w's have.

KOEO is Key On Engine Off. Volt meters are nice but you really need a histogram. The closest you can get is watching the throttle position values in TP. The neighbors and your engine might not like being held at 75% and higher throttle in idle testing the tps so most people tend to do it with the engine off.

For no history I'd just fix what you know is broken. Stick with delco parts, will save you tons of troubleshooting/headaches in the long run. Do you have a mechanical vacuum gauge? That would be a very nice test just to get a feel for how the engine is performing. I'd like to see +- 19inches at hot idle with the ac off. The readings can vary depending on elevation.

Fuel Injected!
    My old vacuum gauge show about 15 steady at idle it will drop with increased throttle then return to 15.
    While driving under light load it will drop and hold steady at -+ 10. Heaver throttle and on hills it will drop to 5.
    I will need to verify my gauge is working and go from there.

Will low vacuum affect the MAP?

Fuel Injected!
    I would clear all the codes and see which ones come back first. then start from there.

Fuel Injected!
    Agreed with ony.

If 15 is normal for your elevation, check the needle for any bouncing/ticking. You could very well just have a massive vacuum leak which will throw everything out of whack.

Here is a video on testing for vacuum leaks. I love watching this guys videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    I would clear all the codes and see which ones come back first. then start from there.
    I disconnected the +cable and let it sit an hour or so, reconnected everything and went for a short drive.
    The codes do not show in the list view now.

I have concerns for the O2 sensor now, it bounces erratically from 199.00 to 800.00

Attachment 7920
    Advanced $0D.xdf
    Last edited by vandura95; 10-09-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is a video explaining o2 sensors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzcztO-CCs
    "If you don't have constructive feedback, then feed your feedback back up your backside" Author Unknown
    94 GMC T15 Jimmy 4.3CPI 4l60e lots of mods, retail value about 1500 bucks

Fuel Injected!
    The barometric pressure is 97.8
    Is this normal?

Fuel Injected!
    Can you try and find out what scale the baro is using? It could be out of 100, kpa, hg, etc. I don't know how to do it myself, 97.8 is strange. I would expect 0 being WOT and 30 being complete vacuum but that is in inches of mercury.
    "If you don't have constructive feedback, then feed your feedback back up your backside" Author Unknown
    94 GMC T15 Jimmy 4.3CPI 4l60e lots of mods, retail value about 1500 bucks

Fuel Injected!
    There is some good info about map sensors here.
    http://www.aa1car.com/library/map_sensors.htm
    Attachment 7925
    Last edited by vandura95; 10-09-2014 at 10:48 PM.