Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
What happens if the factory PCM doesn't get a MAF signal? I know it's not the same, but the 4.6 in my old T-bird ran good when I disconnected the MAF (and much better than it did with a bad MAF). Does it affect shifting? If not, maybe you could use the factory PCM to control only the transmission and piggyback the aftermarket ECU to control the injection?
From what I can gather the new Coyote PCM needs the MAF signal. Ford Racing wanted to use the intake system that I want to use but even they couldn't get the PCM to run without a MAF. I don't know if they tried putting a MAF on the stacks though or if its even possible. I would think the PCM uses the MAF to calculate torque control on the transmission. Like I said I'm a newbie but I have a basic understanding. That's why I think a simple piggy back may not work in my application.

The engine will run with any ECU with a MAP sensor or density the Auto is the issue because it needs the PCM for the intelligence and programming.

That's why I thought If a MAF could be installed inside one of the stacks to send a signal back to the PCM might work. I have no idea of how to work out what size MAF would work or if it's even possible. The Motec has the hardware to run the auto but not the software which is unlikely to happen even though there would be a market for it in the hot rod and custom community. This engine is a very popular conversion over in the states and eventually over here.