Thread: TBI stroker tune EBL flash

Fuel Injected!

TBI stroker tune EBL flash

Vortec head 383 SBC 9:1cr ramjet cam, stick trans, 92 k1500 Blazer.

I got my pressure set to 24psi and vfpr hooked up to manifold vacuum, I didn't get the blocking cover yet so I just stuck the regulator in the return circuit. I didn't bother with the other mods I was asking about in my last post and just jumped in. with the vacuum line off there is 24 psi, idling with it hooked up there is 14 psi.

I set the parameters in the tune based on manufactures instructions and flashed the ecu, and the engine ran the best it has ever run right out of the box.

I haven't figured out how to hookup the WB to the ecu yet, based on the manual that came with it I'll need to make the voltage range match what EBL is looking for in a WB before I do. it's the 200 dollar one from innovate motorsports, LC1 I think.

so the first run was with the NB.

I literally threw it together and logged on the first run. if anyone could look at the log great. I haven't found and read the part of the literature about analyzing logs, no VE learns yet, waiting to hook up WB.

I did notice wide swings in AFR on the WB while driving it. coast down AFR was rich, cruise was lean 15.5-17 idle is nice right where it should be. knock counts good best I could tell I may go from 160 to 180 tstat.

The CEL shines brightly as soon as you start it and stays on, I got to figure that out the stock ecu didn't give a code at all.

I'll be figuring out the WB next and going back over the docs to figure a tool to use against the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Well that's it, the EBL thing really worked out quickly, There was an option for the analog output of my WB into the flash, so I hooked it up. The SES light was due to the IAT sensor not there, I got one and pinned it to c12 I think it was, and drilled and tapped the TBI adapter for it, (it was a tight fit), blocked off the regulator while I had it off. I switched to an open spacer under the TBI because the gasket was still stuck to it and in good shape and I didn't have spares, runs absolutely the same. I turned on the EGR flag, and set out for a ride with VE learn turned on, stopped and flashed in the learn bin and it runs great. I'll check back if something interesting happens or if/when I convert the truck to MPFI. Thanks for having this forum, all the posts and replies to my previous posts gave me the confidence to jump into messing with the computer, which is great after all those years of frustration with pre-burned chips and wanting to put a carburetor on my projects. MPG is the same as before 16-18. with no sign of knocks I'll try more advance and see if there is more torque at light throttle opening to be had. With 10% ethanol I'm thinking I should have went with higher CR, there is always smaller chamber heads, maybe the zz4 heads. I did one quick check from a roll at WOT in 1st gear and it lept up and buried the tach really fast and it felt like it had more to go past 6K, it has tons more power than I need. It can pull well when lugged down low too.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrhead View Post
    Well that's it, the EBL thing really worked out quickly, There was an option for the analog output of my WB into the flash, so I hooked it up. The SES light was due to the IAT sensor not there, I got one and pinned it to c12 I think it was, and drilled and tapped the TBI adapter for it, (it was a tight fit), blocked off the regulator while I had it off. I switched to an open spacer under the TBI because the gasket was still stuck to it and in good shape and I didn't have spares, runs absolutely the same. I turned on the EGR flag, and set out for a ride with VE learn turned on, stopped and flashed in the learn bin and it runs great. I'll check back if something interesting happens or if/when I convert the truck to MPFI. Thanks for having this forum, all the posts and replies to my previous posts gave me the confidence to jump into messing with the computer, which is great after all those years of frustration with pre-burned chips and wanting to put a carburetor on my projects. MPG is the same as before 16-18. with no sign of knocks I'll try more advance and see if there is more torque at light throttle opening to be had. With 10% ethanol I'm thinking I should have went with higher CR, there is always smaller chamber heads, maybe the zz4 heads. I did one quick check from a roll at WOT in 1st gear and it lept up and buried the tach really fast and it felt like it had more to go past 6K, it has tons more power than I need. It can pull well when lugged down low too.
    I would not increase the compression ratio over 9.5:1 on something I towed with. My Express is right at 9.5:1, with the best quench (.043") I could obtain with a decent gasket (.028" compressed) for an aluminum head and I have to run 93 octane to run full timing advance and still sometimes get some knock retard. I am running a 215/220* @ .050, 114* LSA cam, 4* advanced.

Fuel Injected!
    Burned 6-7 gallons on a 150 mile trip to buy a transfer case and 5 speed trans yesterday, 90% hiway, drove for mileage and got it, somewhere between 21 and 25 mpg. I've been adding timing in the tune and the Vortec heads like it. It still goes rich on deceleration above 1400 RPM so there is more fuel to save here. I kept the MPH under 75 and the RPM under 2000. There were some moments where it was slow to come out of lean cruise lugging on light tip-in acceleration and I noticed very lean readings on WB and the lean condition felt like a spark miss.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrhead View Post
    Burned 6-7 gallons on a 150 mile trip to buy a transfer case and 5 speed trans yesterday, 90% hiway, drove for mileage and got it, somewhere between 21 and 25 mpg. I've been adding timing in the tune and the Vortec heads like it. It still goes rich on deceleration above 1400 RPM so there is more fuel to save here. I kept the MPH under 75 and the RPM under 2000. There were some moments where it was slow to come out of lean cruise lugging on light tip-in acceleration and I noticed very lean readings on WB and the lean condition felt like a spark miss.
    If its still a feature of the EBL Whatsup, tap the spacebar a few times when you feel the lean spot. When you look at the datalog it will show up as green highlighted lines. Look at the KPA there and alter the highway mode air/fuel ratio at that point. I kept my old G20 van in highway mode all the way until 100 kpa, but obviously richened it up with increased load and retarded the timing back to normal. My 70-100 kpa high way mode afr was usually increasing between stoichiometric and PE ratios. Usually by 75 kpa I was stoich and when I hit 100 kpa I was at PE like air/fuel ratios and when PE kicked in the ECM only added timing.

Fuel Injected!
    got an adx to veiw log file