Thread: 73 TR6 w/ 1227747 ECU - could use a little help

Electronic Ignition!

Unhappy 73 TR6 w/ 1227747 ECU - could use a little help

'73 TR6 2.5L in-line 6.
    No VSS (one on order but not here yet, ran without on with the '288)
    No Knock sensor
    No EGR
    No IAC

As a newbie and wanting to learn I couldn't leave well enough alone and swapped out my 16144288 for a 1227747 since there is much more information available for the '7747. Initial bin was provided by John at CustomEFIS with some minor VE table and pump shot changes by me. Car ran reasonably well with the '288 with some minor issues at low speed, low rpm (cruising through playground or school zones some minor surging).

Car now runs poorly in closed loop but well in open loop. Initially copied over all settings from '288 but car ran like crap. Set as open loop and verified VE table with WB and the car ran well, switch back to closed loop and back to shite. I can get it to run better if I change the integrator delays out to 4000ms, but feel that has to be just masking the problem as the O2 sensor is 12-15" from the exhaust ports.

I would appreciate it if anyone could review the attached bins and log files and make any suggestions. I have included both the open loop and closed loop bins and log files, WB data logs from an Innovate LM-1, and the original '288 bin in case anyone has a better $A0 XDF and can find any other changes I missed.

Dave

Fuel Injected!
    if you are tunning your self you might start with this bin it is for a 262 v6 it is a sycro bin with out a knock sensor you can damage your engine very ease with to much timming. if I was you I would use the digital dash in tuner pro and watch how far your timming is going. I don't know but it my be setting a code making it go into limp home mode. the bin has something patched and shut of but not the knock sensor I don't no how to disable it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I was looking at your bin files I would set intal timming to 0 degrezz and set the distributor to 0 with a timming light on any bin you are using. after you get your ve and timming tuned you might bump it up at the dist. a little at a time. I think you are running to much timming the 288 bin has burst knock employed the 7747 bin dosent. with that much timming the 747 is proble detinaton more than the 288.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the suggestions Ony. With no knock sensor how does burst knock work?

The car runs fine in open loop mode but has a surge during closed loop steady state cruise. The comments in PRP - Gain vs O2 Error sound like exactly what I am experiencing at cruise around 2k rpm, surge smooths out above 2.5k somewhat. The PRP - Gain Offset for Idle would also address the lean closed loop idle I have.

Does this sound reasonable?

Fuel Injected!
    I don't know for sure get you a data log with tuner pro. 14 initial and 18 in the main spark table is a lot of timming at idle, my v6 would have surging as I would tune it then after I got done and added the ve tables back to gather and run it a few days it seamed to help. if the 7747 bin started out as a v8 you might be better of starting wit a v6 bin. the one I posted is for a standard trans. the mean rich lean o2 setting is a lot higher on v6 bins witch can cause it all so.

Electronic Ignition!
    UPDATE: Reducing PRP - Gain vs Error and PRP - Gain vs airflow by 25% eliminated the SOTP variation in steady state cruise but still showed a fair bit of AFR variation on the WB, +/- 0.5 or so. A further 25% reduction (50% from stock) now gives a WB AFR reading of 14.6 - 14.8 at steady state cruise. I also tweaked the idle offset and now idle at 13.8 AFR.

Now if Canada Post would just deliver my VSS...
    Last edited by murr32; 09-22-2014 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Wrong parameters specified

Your BPW is set for a 350 with 61# injectors, I am sure that is part of the problem
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm confused, the BPW is set to 95 which I believe is correct for a 2.5L 6 cyl w/ 50# injectors, at least that is what I get when I use any of the calculators floating around.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by murr32; 09-26-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added spreadsheet attachment

Sorry, my bad. I looked at the wrong bin file. I went back and looked again, it is 95.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    I would use the compare bin in tuner pro and compare your bin and the apab bin you may see a lot of things in the scalers and tables that turns on your idea light bulb.