ive managed to thouroughly confuse myself. doing a tbi setup in my 64 el camino. i am now using all the components that came with my stock 89 truck motor. the wiring aspect is fairly simple (at least to me). will start out completely stock to eliminate variables and make things go smoother.

i know i need a VSS. truck is running a 700r4, cable driven. mechanical speedo is accurate with the bowtie overdrive gears installed.

there seems to be a lot of confusion on what number of pulses and what sensors to use. im trying to go for cheapest way possible, as having to buy another engine due to someone elses incompetence has really ste the budget back.

so, what sensor, and why?

additionally, there seems to be a lot of confusion out there about wether or not a properly functioning egr helps or hurts fuel economy. whats the truth?

lastly, im attempting to use the cruise setup from the same engine donor truck. again, info seems awfully thin on the ground. what it seems is that the cruise uses the same 2000 pulse per mile signal the ECM uses. does this seem right?

thanks guys. the signal to noise ratio on this forum is the best of any im on.

michael